[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhfiftyfive

this got me thinking. total anecdotal side note regarding worlds being ruined by (insert reason here):

i'm curious has tynan maybe looked into the vanilla raider/visitor AI for the smallest colony map size available. (i'm kinda thinking this variable was the culprit to the following issues, but i could be wrong).

my world was kinda ruined by the fact that the raiders who "wait for some time before attacking" they would show up with no food stockpile (small map not accommodating enough for it all?) same with mortars. they stopped placing those too. and instead of raid my base, they'd just stand outside and slowly go mad and kill each other because of starvation.

---> it also bugged out any "modded traders who show up with tents". they show up all the time but stopped placing tents after the first 6 months or so, so i couldn't trade with them.

so if i wanted this post to be even the slightest bit about this mod, (which has cybernetic faction trader tents i believe).... i'd maybe reach out to tynan and ask if this small map size is what is causing this issue? idk.

it would be worth noting for mod authors of such traders to maybe advise the players to not use the smallest map size if they want the mod to be compatible. that's assuming the small map size is indeed the cause of the issue. idk. i could be a general AI issue with even larger maps assuming you grab enough land to break their AI in the same manner. but i assume the symptoms would present themselves sooner and more often in the smallest map size.

maybe because i extended my base to cover at least 1/2 the map, there wasn't enough space for the visitors and raiders to setup camp for themselves? idk. i mean they came with mortars and food at the beginning, but maybe they don't like reusing the same spots as were used before and couldn't find any new area big enough to accommodate their setup, so they just glitch out. that's my theory.

i also had (all at this point) visitors who would just wander around and die too, as if they didn't know a good path to exit the map? maybe because they were still glitched trying to find a place to put down their tent?

MrWashingToad

Not sure if this has been covered in another reply, but I had a multi-bionic implant colonist finally die on me. I found as I was checking him for other gear, that I could remove his implants for use in other colonists. Waste not, want not and all that.  However I noticed it used medicine to remove from a corpse - kinda odd, but maybe thinking is it uses medicine to not damage it on uninstall from the deceased.

After that, I noticed I could keep spending medicine and get free implant "copies". It doesn't update the colonist corpse info once they are dead, and I could just keep uninstalling components for use in others or sale - but only spend 1 medicine to do so once I've built 1 of everything and kill off a colonist. Kinda OP.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Boboid

Yeah that's not really anything to do with the mod, it's a bug in the core game.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

shhfiftyfive

sorry, just a little unclear on what is what. maybe change the description to clarify.

so does the 3.35 standard version come with or without the cybernetic faction? is truly separate? i saw epyk updated to 3.35 but i don't see a separate deal for the cybernetic faction. so either he didn't add the faction, or they are still part of the main file? i haven't downloaded yet to see.

i mean if it is still included in the main file then that just would mean the extra stand alone faction download would be for those who want the extra faction but none of the other implant crafting... i'm in the opposite camp. i want the implants but not the faction.

but we could fix the confusion by clarifying the wording of what files are in what download a bit more.

elStrages

He added the updated Version 3,35 which doesn't have the faction in it. It's a separate download, tha why it has its own section. The faction required the main mod to play if it didn't I would have given II, it's iwn mod page as such it has its own download part

palandus

Hey Elstrages, have you considered some odd weapon ideas for your mod (if not I'll give them):

-> A weapon that fires a rocket, but isn't a one-use weapon. (Not very odd, just that I don't know of any mod that does do this)
-> A shotgun that fires individual pellets instead of blast. (So if it had 10 pellets, it would fire essentially 10 shots all at the same time by having 0 on burst time)
-> A rapid-fire grenade turret that fires EMP, Molotov or Grenades at targets at a distance farther than normal throwing range of these weapons.
-> An EMP Rifle that fires rounds that do no damage to humanoids, but massive damage against mechanoids (by say using the EMP Grenade damage type stuff put into a rifle for long-range engagements against these powerful foes)
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that ignores cover as if the target was out in the open. Something like a railgun that you could say has such penetration power that no cover can stop the round from hitting them, and essentially negates the cover.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon with a night vision scope that ignores the penalty caused for being in darkness
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a single rocket/grenade projectile that when it reaches its target, it explodes and releases 4-6 grenades near the blast zone that explode 1 second later. So basically an MIRV Rocket, or Cluster Grenade.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a concentrated microwave that cooks its target and damages it by giving that target multiple burns and hyperthermia.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a concentrated beam of cold that freezes its target and damages it by giving that target multiple frostbites and hypothermia.

Thoughts?

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: elStrages on February 04, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
He added the updated Version 3,35 which doesn't have the faction in it. It's a separate download, tha why it has its own section. The faction required the main mod to play if it didn't I would have given II, it's iwn mod page as such it has its own download part
thanks for clarifying. maybe add this to the changelog.

3.3.j removed cybernetic faction from main file. is now a separate optional download. requires main file to work. link found here in original thread.

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on February 04, 2015, 02:46:56 AM
Hey Elstrages, have you considered some odd weapon ideas for your mod (if not I'll give them):

-> A weapon that fires a rocket, but isn't a one-use weapon. (Not very odd, just that I don't know of any mod that does do this)
-> A shotgun that fires individual pellets instead of blast. (So if it had 10 pellets, it would fire essentially 10 shots all at the same time by having 0 on burst time)
-> A rapid-fire grenade turret that fires EMP, Molotov or Grenades at targets at a distance farther than normal throwing range of these weapons.
-> An EMP Rifle that fires rounds that do no damage to humanoids, but massive damage against mechanoids (by say using the EMP Grenade damage type stuff put into a rifle for long-range engagements against these powerful foes)
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that ignores cover as if the target was out in the open. Something like a railgun that you could say has such penetration power that no cover can stop the round from hitting them, and essentially negates the cover.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon with a night vision scope that ignores the penalty caused for being in darkness
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a single rocket/grenade projectile that when it reaches its target, it explodes and releases 4-6 grenades near the blast zone that explode 1 second later. So basically an MIRV Rocket, or Cluster Grenade.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a concentrated microwave that cooks its target and damages it by giving that target multiple burns and hyperthermia.
-> (Likely require coding) A weapon that fires a concentrated beam of cold that freezes its target and damages it by giving that target multiple frostbites and hypothermia.
Thoughts?

All great ideas, I am working on another new mod at the moment that is very graphic heavy lol, as such CS is taking a back foot until alpha 9, but I will add them again to the list and I will add what I can when I can, but look forward to the next big update for alpha 9 ;)

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 04, 2015, 02:30:56 PM
3.3.j removed cybernetic faction from main file. is now a separate optional download. requires main file to work. link found here in original thread.

Added

shhfiftyfive

i found an incompatibility issue with another mod. the mod that adds "nano storage". (haplo's misc with mai)

i was trying to build a cybernetic turret from this mod, requiring plasteel. but it said i didn't have enough materials.

after removing all the plasteel from the nano storage i confirmed it was the cause of the issue.

Redshadow

Quote from: palandus on February 04, 2015, 02:46:56 AM

Thoughts?

Rocket launcher-Sounds nice, though it'd either have to be nerfed quite a lot, or be super-horrifically difficult to get a hold of(or maybe 2 versions, one that follows nerfing, one that follows hard-to-get... ing?)
Shotgun-As much as i'd love to see a weapon like this, I think there was already a gun that tried it from LandriCorp, a 'Flak Cannon' that had an infinite fire rate, yet it shot a very large stream of bullets, not a blast of them all at once, it's also described as a shotgun, so... If you decide to make a shotgun, i'd try and look into making someform of system that ignores fire rate for the weapon's burst
railgun-Sounds nice, would also be nice if it damaged cover too, but that'd probably take a lot of coding to do the whole 'ignores cover' thing. Making bullets ignore physics, yet dish out damage to nearby(within the same tile) entities/objects should be able to happen.
nightvision scope-Sounds nice, but I feel that'd be a ton easier to code onto a clothing part... Maybe add a ghost clothing part that gets added when the weapon is equipped, and taken off & deleted once you drop the weapon/equip another one
Clusterrocket-Nice idea, though that'd be difficult making a projectile spawn other projectiles once it reaches a specific point, probably not so much if it just does it on impact though
Microwave gun-Good idea! Maybe a projectile like the Laser Turret in the turrets mod could suffice to represent it's type of firing, and setting the enemies on fire too, that'd be a nice touch.
Freezegun-Same as microwave, could also add the 'stun' effect, like the Zatgun in the Jaffa faction mod to respresent freezing.

All-in-all, great ideas! Hope they get implemented into a mod!
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

JohnMidnight

elSrages.

I don't see it anywhere, I haven't further tested (means going through another colony.) anyway.
I am using the CS version of the Jaffa and they don't seem to be able to be cremated. I haven't tested just yet on the non-cs version of the Jaffa, or if the CS RimTroopers Rebel/Imp are crematable. Is this design?

This spawns from myself having issues with cremating people >.> and trying to nail down which mod is causing the oops, as nothing comes up in debug mode :(

OMG I IZ STOOPID
Fixed it

Damn Fine Mod! Love the difficulty. Puts mah Turret Collection guns to good use.

elStrages

No worries bud. It m&s usually something like turning them on in the list of the cremator. Glad your enjoying the mod :)

MrWashingToad

elStrages - when I load the mod, it throws an error - typically it's trying to spawn in an ear, or a jaw, sometimes another body part on first load of the game. Doesn't seem to crash, just tries to spawn and throws an error. Lemme know if you need a screenshot of it or a certain file for troubleshooting. If I clear the error, everything still seems happy and game moves on, but first landing on the planet always causes an error to popup.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

elStrages

Quote from: Tasher on February 09, 2015, 09:04:38 AM
elStrages - when I load the mod, it throws an error - typically it's trying to spawn in an ear, or a jaw, sometimes another body part on first load of the game. Doesn't seem to crash, just tries to spawn and throws an error. Lemme know if you need a screenshot of it or a certain file for troubleshooting. If I clear the error, everything still seems happy and game moves on, but first landing on the planet always causes an error to popup.
Yeah this has been a bug throughly the mods lifetime, I'm still yet to pin point the problem :/ I will keep looking thought. Thanks bud.

Jacksidious

Ok I've tried and tried but im stumped. Is there something required to install a "implant"?

I'm using the epyk pack and think it could be a mod conflict. I was determined to solve this myself but im just wondering if you know of anything that would cause just the implants to not be in the menu for operations.

I have everything else but any type of implant visual/skill at arms/audio don't show up. I have the items bought and crafted myself and neither show up in the menu. :/

Also want to say I love your mod and thank you lol