Medical Option - Triage of Care

Started by naxili, December 12, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naxili

basically a fancy word to say that I would like an option to make it so that my colonists don't use regular medicine to close a cut on someone's hand when the person right next to them got their leg shot off and needs an operation to replace it

(especially when you've got 300 herbal medicines available)

jakendrick3

Just forbid the meds until the cut guy is healed. That's what i do.

Ford_Prefect

Yeah.  Its really annoying to have to micromanage medicine and its infuriating when you forget to forbid it after an operation and it is then all used up because of malaria or a bruise.

Somewhat related, I would like to tell the game to use herbel medicine for prisoners.  Without having to manually set the prisoner gets medicine toggle to true.  (There are times when the medic beats me to them and practices medicine without any medicine. )

tommonius

great suggestion, I got caught out on this today and realised I had no medicine because of minor scratches from squirrels and boars while hunting and so my guy with a shredded torso from a raider was flat out of luck  :'(

Matt NA

Dude yes. I hate it when someone gets into a little fist fight, and they go home and try to use like 4 medicine on it. I want to be able to like restict the medicine depends on how severe the injury is. If someone gets punched in the arm, just rub it off. Arm shot off? Maybe get some meds

BinaryBlackhole

Bandages should be added made from cotton and some herb added to the game these are used for scratches and bruises but the current medicine is used for all other medical operations.

Carry

+1

Maybe a priority matrix - like the job overview.

Glitterworld medsMedicineHerbal meds
Colonist major injury123
- minor injuryx21
- sickness321
Prisoner major injuryxx1

Vaperius

Simple Ideas here then...

Medicine used for Serious Illness, Surgeries and Serious Injury.

Glitter-world Medicine for Bionics.

Herbal Medicine for Less than Serious Illness and Intermediate Injury.

Add bandages for bleeding,cuts,scrapes and bruises.

Give Medical Treatment a priority system so the guy with two bruises doesn't get treated before the one with two arms shot off.
I remain Vigilant.