Villages, Outposts, Bunkers...

Started by Ninja D, December 12, 2014, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja D

Sorta new to the Rimworld universe (since Alpha 5 or 6 I think) and absolutely love the game. I was wondering if there's any thought to putting an option to have NPC settlements, outposts, villages, etc. that can either eventually become allies or enemies, or trading posts depending on your actions and balanced by the social skills of your survivors? If you work with the NPCs long enough they could end up joining your group or fracturing and causing fights, raids, or sabotage...

Also, are there any plans to have the ruins of previous player settlements in the game? Effectively you could choose to land next to or on a previous area, and the ruins (or situation I mentioned above) are on the map off to the side somewhere.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks again for making (and continuing to improve on) a fantastic game!

rizay

Yeah i would love to interact with other factions other than giving them silver. Maybe we could make the map extremely big just like in Minecraft or any other open world games and make it able to have some sort of trading caravans or take over other colonies villages or bunkers?

Axel

I believe Haplo has something in his miscellaneous mod that creates trade outposts (its a tent not a settlement or anything like that). But as for this idea it would be nice to see small outposts that take up maybe 400-900 squares so somewhere along the lines of 30x30 (rather small) with maybe 3 or 4 colonists from the other factions who are there to gather resources or to trade with you and the other factions. and the amount of settlements/outposts would be based off the size of the map. Oh, and once all the settlements that can be build are made other factions could try to take over those settlements (if theyre hostile to them in the factions tab). But of course this is probably a bit more far out there and would definitely need some better AI coding; i know the basic building part is implemented seeing as thats how sieges are done. but yeah this is a good idea it could easily be fleshed out into a really good feature for the final release of the game.