Best seeds for extreme heat/cold

Started by Rhadamant, December 12, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhadamant

I've started a colony in the hottest place I could find after searching a few seeds.

Seed: 4rsi
Coordinates: 76.53E, 0.27N
Average Temp: 100.1 F / 37.8 C
Jan: 93 F / 33.9 C
Jul: 107.1 F / 41.7 C

I've already seen temperatures as high as 154 F / 67.8 C

Share your seeds!

Lost Cause

In my first effort on a tundra my entire colony died when winter rolled around X.x
I don't think it matters what seeds you use, they die when winter rolls round. I lost a massive crop of devil strand and all my potatoes ;.;
I am redeveloping my indoor farming technique which for some reason I abandoned when I started building desert bases that weren't berried inside mountains. That lets you use interior temperature control ^.^
but for some reason I am doing it in a desert which creates the opposite problem to what i previously had and I need a lot of cooling >.>
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Rhadamant

I've already won a tundra game where the average temperature was 27 F. You just gotta either rob people of their parkas or make heaters. As for food, in my game almost all of the muffalo died of starvation really quickly because there is no grass to eat, and I ate them as a result.

Lost Cause

Quote from: rhadamant on December 12, 2014, 07:24:22 PM
I've already won a tundra game where the average temperature was 27 F. You just gotta either rob people of their parkas or make heaters. As for food, in my game almost all of the muffalo died of starvation really quickly because there is no grass to eat, and I ate them as a result.

This is what I get for not reading the post properly XD
Wrong type of seed.
And Tundra seems no worse than desert, except that you are obligated to do indoor farming or massively stockpile in preparation for winter.
Where does one find the seed of a world post generation anyway?
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Rhadamant

Quote from: Lost Cause on December 12, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
Quote from: rhadamant on December 12, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

This is what I get for not reading the post properly XD
Wrong type of seed.
And Tundra seems no worse than desert, except that you are obligated to do indoor farming or massively stockpile in preparation for winter.

Create a new colony and when you select the world to spawn on, you can view the world seed.

DaNewb

Quote from: rhadamant on December 12, 2014, 06:54:42 PM
I've started a colony in the hottest place I could find after searching a few seeds.

Seed: 4rsi
Coordinates: 76.53E, 0.27N
Average Temp: 100.1 F / 37.8 C
Jan: 93 F / 33.9 C
Jul: 107.1 F / 41.7 C

I've already seen temperatures as high as 154 F / 67.8 C

Share your seeds!

Excellent hot temperature seed, i havent found an average temperature even above 95F so i think thats nearly as good as it gets.

Vas

That isn't very hot.  I was in Arizona the day it hit 120F about 10+ years ago.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Rhadamant

Quote from: Vas on December 13, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Sure, but its 100.0 F average, It's gotten up in the 150s, which shatters Earth records.

Vas

150 would be awesome.  I like standing in front of my oven after I finish cooking a pizza at 450 degrees.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

milon

Quote from: Lost Cause on December 12, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
- snip -

Open up the world file in a text editor.  Near the top, the <size> tag tells you the size of the map and the <seedString> tag tells you what the seed was.  :D

waldo2000

Quote from: Vas on December 13, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

"It's OK, it's a dry heat."

Mikhail Reign

0bac has a very nice bit up the top left if you have the ice sheets mod installed. Average temps are -30 to -100 - very cold. Even pawns with parkas wont make a return trip across the maps. Retreating is a death march for the raiders. Cords: 52, 184 has a very cool layout - you spawn in the middle of a spiral mountain - raiders have to circle around to get to you.

Snowpig

seed: 9iol
size: 400x300

coldest spot with -95.5�C in january

found a better one:
seed: 8887
coldest sport with -101°C in Jan

StealthHunterX

Rhadamant, I love your stories and hope you pump out more. Ill be trying the hot temp seeds
I couldnt do what you did in the ice sheet lol

Rhadamant

Quote from: StealthHunterX on December 17, 2014, 09:14:48 PM
Rhadamant, I love your stories and hope you pump out more. Ill be trying the hot temp seeds
I couldnt do what you did in the ice sheet lol

Thanks. Looks like I'm doing a desert story next.