Doomsday rocket launchers for the win :D

Started by woolfoma, December 12, 2014, 07:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

These crazy things are like mini-nukes.
About as costly too :(

anyone had a circumstance where they needed to use one of these in actual combat. currently use them as hilarious massive firecrackers to make the enemies flee and then sell the loot to buy more doomsday devices :D
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Lost Cause

You mean it doesn't vaporize everything?
I'll have to fire off one of mine to see...
I've been stockpiling them but not actually fired one XD
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Nasikabatrachus

I use the rocket launchers as my emergency reserve, my "just in case" weapon. I've had to use them twice. In one case, it almost completely wiped out a raid that would have otherwise ended a colony. In the second case, I used it on an overwhelming mechanoid raid and found out the centipedes aren't all that vulnerable to explosions.

I also had one burn up when a mechanoid with an inferno launcher attacked. That was real painful. Don't leave those things out in the open, kids!

woolfoma

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on December 12, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

I also had one burn up when a mechanoid with an inferno launcher attacked. That was real painful. Don't leave those things out in the open, kids!
I keep mine where I keep my AI personae core, deep inside the catacombs of my base (that makes it kinda hard to grab them in time for a raid though....)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

codyo

I used one and I didn't know it was a single use thing :(

It hit the center of a tribal raid but it barely hurt them. Killed one person right away though.

christhekiller

Freaking thing was epic. I ran a guy up to a siege and blasted away 90% of their food stock, killed 2 of them (a bit disapointing there with the massive explosion), wounded a few, damaged almost all of their sandbags and both of their mortars. My dude lingered despite my orders to retreat afterwards and got downed but otherwise a magnificent outcome.

woolfoma

Quote from: christhekiller on December 13, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
Freaking thing was epic. I ran a guy up to a siege and blasted away 90% of their food stock, killed 2 of them (a bit disapointing there with the massive explosion), wounded a few, damaged almost all of their sandbags and both of their mortars. My dude lingered despite my orders to retreat afterwards and got downed but otherwise a magnificent outcome.
ya, definitely a bad idea to stick around while 10+ angry, gore splattered raiders are trying to kill whomever blew up all their food (and 2 pirate friends).