[TOOL] (Alpha 8) Rimworld Save Editor v1 Test Release.

Started by Neurotoxin, December 13, 2014, 03:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neurotoxin

Well looking through the world file it seems to primarily consist of factions. Unless you meant your actual saves which are in Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves or there's something I don't know about the world file which is highly possible as I haven't done much digging. The one I'm looking at right now is also freshly generated.

Edit: That does give me an idea though for potential future features of the save editor. Faction relation manager maybe?

Iwillbenicetou

My computer is weird and sends new downloads to places like 83343fgfd6 folders. Is there and easy way to find it?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Neurotoxin

Can you right click or long click the file and find an option like open download location or show in folder? Maybe in your downloads window?

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

realdude19

Ok so I signed up just to help with the debugging. I have found an error or two for ya! :D

1.) (Major) The Save Editor will not load / register more than 7 Colonists to edit.
2.) (Minor) When using [MOD] EdBInterface & you have 7 Colonists it will sometimes reorder them in the MOD... I'm not sure if its alphabetically or what but I notice it from time to time. -EDIT- It just loaded 8 players... First time seeing it work for me, still might be worth looking into though.

Also for a little Change... Can you switch the selection method from a drop down menu to clickable bubbles like:

O None    O Minor    O Major

I know it takes up more room but it's one of those tedious tasks that would be made much quicker and easier to see at a glance.

Thanks again! and GREAT Work so far! I look forward to the Tooltips! that will be a huge help! and on that note....

Can you add a box to the right that displays the stats of the colonist being edited for a quick glance, maybe make it optional?
So basicly like in game where you open the character panel and it displays the colonists character screen/info?

Also side note, You have earned your wizard hat ;)

Neurotoxin

I haven't posted recently, been busy with work (yay got a job!) so things have slowed down a bit. I'm working overnights mostly and my girlfriend works days so between work and driving her to/from work I'm not left with a lot of time.

@Realdude
1. can you zip and upload a save with >7 colonists that doesn't want to load all of them? There's no reason it should stop at 7 so I'm thinking it's not filtering specific colonists correctly. It would be helpful, though not necessary, if you could figure out which colonist(s) isn't(aren't) being displayed so I know which node(s) to look at.

2. I'm not sure how EdB handles the displaying of colonists but i don't see how editing should affect that unless it orders them by certain stats or skills. The save editor doesn't move any nodes around, just modifies the values.

3. As far as using radio buttons, I WAS going to do that originally but due to time constraints and unfamiliarity with GUI programming I opted for the easier solution of a combobox for the time being. I'm not making any promises but I MAY revise that in the future.

4. As far as displaying stats, what would you like to see? If it's similar to something in-game if you could post a screen cap that'd be really helpful. As I stated above I don't have a lot of time to play lately, actually I have barely any time put into A8 so far :(

realdude19

Quote from: Neurotoxin on February 04, 2015, 09:11:39 AM
@Realdude
1. can you zip and upload a save with >7 colonists that doesn't want to load all of them? There's no reason it should stop at 7 so I'm thinking it's not filtering specific colonists correctly. It would be helpful, though not necessary, if you could figure out which colonist(s) isn't(aren't) being displayed so I know which node(s) to look at.

No worries, I overwrote them :( I don't know why I didn't save them all and just make new ones... you can call me a bit OCD. I will save them under new save files from now on just incase one does fail again. and congrats on the new job!

2. I'm not sure how EdB handles the displaying of colonists but i don't see how editing should affect that unless it orders them by certain stats or skills. The save editor doesn't move any nodes around, just modifies the values.

This wasn't all that important, just something I noted seeing and felt any change I saw should be reported when dealing with a bug.

3. As far as using radio buttons, I WAS going to do that originally but due to time constraints and unfamiliarity with GUI programming I opted for the easier solution of a combobox for the time being. I'm not making any promises but I MAY revise that in the future.

O.o Please PLEASE do implement them! That would be great! Also is there anyway to have the editor load all the data from the save so that when we switch from a selected person to another that it loads nearly instantly? It just seems to have quite a bit of load lag :(

4. As far as displaying stats, what would you like to see? If it's similar to something in-game if you could post a screen cap that'd be really helpful. As I stated above I don't have a lot of time to play lately, actually I have barely any time put into A8 so far :(

I don't have a screenshot on hand but I will certainly get back to you on this. :)

P.s. Sorry it took so long to respond... I'm "Time-Hoarding". I might start a new contract tuesday. So here's to hoping. And thanks again for doing all this programing, I envy your ability to do this kind of stuff.

Neurotoxin

If you check the rolling changelog in the OP you can see what's changed in the dev version since the latest release. That said, I've already worked out how to fix the lag switching colonists. Long story short I had to suppress an event being fired for a short duration then manually fire it because it was being fired once for every item in the backstories columns each time you changed a colonist.

No problem on the response delay, I haven't been getting much done on this yet working 10pm-7am then having to make sure my girlfriend gets to work during the day (hopefully she'll get her damn driver's license soon -.-)

If I can't find time for a while I MAY just wrap up the current dev build into a release and let it out into the wild for a bit, but I don't like releasing with unused code built in.

realdude19

Quote from: Neurotoxin on February 08, 2015, 11:19:32 PM
If you check the rolling changelog in the OP you can see what's changed in the dev version since the latest release. That said, I've already worked out how to fix the lag switching colonists. Long story short I had to suppress an event being fired for a short duration then manually fire it because it was being fired once for every item in the backstories columns each time you changed a colonist.

No problem on the response delay, I haven't been getting much done on this yet working 10pm-7am then having to make sure my girlfriend gets to work during the day (hopefully she'll get her damn driver's license soon -.-)

If I can't find time for a while I MAY just wrap up the current dev build into a release and let it out into the wild for a bit, but I don't like releasing with unused code built in.

I totally understand not wanting to release it into the wild. If you would like to consider it, I would be willing to test it for you. That way you can control the release scope.

PM me if you want to. I'll share contact info for you via PM.

realdude19

Quote from: Facepunch on February 24, 2015, 08:31:18 PM
Does it work in A9?

It should, But most likely won't support newer features until updated. I will test it and let you know asap.
but for now I would wait until Neurotoxin gets a chance to implement an updated beta, He does have a full time job so this is just a side project. However he has done a great job thus far at supporting the save editor.

Maharava

I've tried using it for A9 and can't get it to work. Guess we'll wait till has time for an update

DahBunny

Created an account just for this post, I can't get the old version working but am looking forward too an up to date release, this editor would allow me much needed customization for my starting settlers ^^

Quote from: DahBunny on March 02, 2015, 01:20:37 PM
Created an account just for this post, I can't get the old version working but am looking forward too an up to date release, this editor would allow me much needed customization for my starting settlers ^^
This this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
Takes a while to make decisions, but you can pretty much start the way you want, with how many pawns you want.

w00d

my 12D saves it as RWS , not RWM, save editor works on older version