Why is there no wearout anymore?

Started by Dr. Z, December 13, 2014, 11:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

In the early Alphas your buildings got damage over time and needed repair. Why was this removed, I think it would be an interesting thing to consider when e.g. building a far away thermo generator. Especially with the function that only things n your homezone get repaired this could lead to interesting situations.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Vas

Because repairing thousands of things every day would become very bothersome and the AI is already overworked as is.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Dr. Z

I liked that there was something necessary to keep your base running. And I'm not talking about thousands of things every day Mr. Townley, just as it was in the early builds, maybe a bit less.
Prasie the Squirrel!

fraz

In my opinion, it was more of a nuisance than an interesting gameplay feature; I think it was a good decision to remove it.

Vas

There is a nuclear reactor mod here that does that, it's so bad that I choose not to use it because of that feature.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.