[Solved] Kind of a problem, I deleted my World...

Started by Klakh, December 04, 2014, 11:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klakh

Hello everyone.

I just switched back to Kubuntu, and not being used to my "Delete" option anymore, I accidentally permanently deleted the .unity3d folder.
Doing this, I deleted all of my saves :'(.

Luckily, I had the good idea to backup the last one. Unluckily, I didn't backup the World in which it was :'( :'(
Of course, when a problem like this happens, you always find ou that you forgot to save the one file that would allow it to work.
I can't seem to find the seed anywhere in the savefile, all I can see is that my world is named "FarSubra"...

After some looking around, and trying a failed recovery of the files, I am calling for help, as I see no solution, and it would really annoy me to go back from the beginning, as I play with Tech tree Minami, and I have 38k seconds of unpaused game, and have overcome a lot of intese shit :'( :'(:'(

Is there a way I could generate back this world ? By that I mean finding the seed which generated it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Tynan

There's no way to get the original world/seed back. But you can generate a new world and hack them together. Just land in a new world in a site as similar as possible to the old one, then go edit the map file XML to remove all non-colonist human pawns and change the faction keys to the ones in the world file, and change the world file name to the new one. Should theoretically work.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Klakh

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that, and I'll get back to you with the results.

Also thank you for this awesome game man, I really spent days on it :D

Klakh

Maybe it could be a good addition to change the link in the savefile to be the algorythm instead of the name of the world, or just add it next to it, as a commentary :D

It could prevent noobs like Iself to do that mistake :p

Klakh

Ok I did as you said, removed all the pawns inside the <thing> (only corpses :D), by searching for their faction names.
Then I changed the world name to match the one I created, and my save now correctly loads !

It only loads, ok. But you rock man.

My colonists all seem to not be colonists anymore, they are all blue, and I cannot control them. I don't seem them in the EdB Interface.

Previously when it forst worked, I noticed that EdB Interface was only showing me dead domesticated animals. I tried loading again with TTM_A2B first of TTMs mods, as I was remembering that it was the first. It removed the animals from the interface, but I can't see the priorities in the overview, and my colonists are not colonists anymore :D

Any idea ?

EDIT: I perservered, and realized I didn't change the name of my colony to be the same... So I did it, and all works fine ! You simply ROCK !

For those who would have the same problem, I did spend a lot of time to figure out the relations between the files, and I was thinking that even by regenerating the same world, I would have had to do this.

So my previous suggestion to add the seed is relevant for technical issues, but I don't know if it would be of much help to those in my case... Except maybe for the "regenerate a world that seems the same" part.

Anyways, thanks, and good luck for next ! I'm eager to see what you are cooking for us :D

Sidrat

I usually always use the save name as the seed name. Yes you can use characters, I don't know the specifics but it might help in future.  Well done for cobbling a lost world together, many people would have re-started.