[W|0.0.254] Gameplay: Ceilings don't completely cover walled area

Started by Rynn, November 07, 2013, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynn

Windows 0.0.254 build
Ceilings don't completely cover walled area

When building a walled off area of sufficiently compact size so as to invoke the roof construction, the roof does not fully build over top of the entire area. Typically, what ends up happening is that some small area of the roof is not built (either a full line at the top or bottom of the constructed space).

To reproduce (attempted this in two new games):

• Construct a walled off area that is 7x7 squares
  • Wait for the roof to be constructed and observe that it does not always fully close off the enclosed space

When I construct a 7x7 area (with a door), I expect that the roofing will cover all of the internal area.

I do not see the correct roof coverage always happening, thereby causing lots of tragic short circuits from batteries being exposed to the elements.

I have noticed that what aggravates this further is when you construct something in the same area that the roof is supposed to be built on, for example, the batteries in the attached screenshot, or maybe the concrete underneath them. Since this is right in the beginning of the game, this usually means that everyone is working on one area simultaneously, and therefore, parallel construction is happening within the same zone. Using Home Zone doesn't seem to have an effect, but I haven't played around too much with that yet to tell for sure.

I've attached a screenshot that shows (in red) where the roof didn't happen. The tooltip on the bottom of the screen confirms that there is no roof there (the mouse cursor didn't get included in the screenshot). The green circled area shows a situation where the roof did in fact come together properly.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

I've identified the cause. A hotfix will be out soon. Thanks for the report!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog