[Mod Request] Wall Vents

Started by ccheuer, December 13, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccheuer

I'm requesting a mod that directly interacts with how the size of a room is processed for heating/cooling purposes. Ideally, what this mod would do is function as a place-able wall that has all of the traits that a normal wall has, EXCEPT for temperature purposes only, the wall doesn't exist. This means that your colonists can't shoot/walk through it, it would conduct power (if possible) and block bullets, etc etc etc. However, when calculating temperature, this block/wall would process as not there, automatically making it so the heat is shared between each room.

Nopkar

What if the 'Vent' wall acted as if it were a room the size of 3x3 or so? effectively dissipating heat to a non-existent 3x3 room, lowering the temp?

Toggle an option to open/close it so you could hotbox a room and then open the vents to dissipate the heat and get the lootz.

Igabod

I was about to suggest something similar but saw this thread so I figured I'd post my suggestion here instead of starting a new one. I want a vent type wall object that equalizes the temperatures between two rooms. That way I can place heaters and coolers along my outer hallway and heat the halls as well as all the rooms along the inside of the hallways. It could be something that requires power for a fan or something or just a powerless vent that allows passive equalization. Whichever works best.

nuschler22

This is my most wanted mod at this time.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Igabod on December 14, 2014, 09:10:47 AM
I was about to suggest something similar but saw this thread so I figured I'd post my suggestion here instead of starting a new one. I want a vent type wall object that equalizes the temperatures between two rooms. That way I can place heaters and coolers along my outer hallway and heat the halls as well as all the rooms along the inside of the hallways. It could be something that requires power for a fan or something or just a powerless vent that allows passive equalization. Whichever works best.

I have just uploaded something similar to this in my mod if you want to have a look, it is still a bit rough but appears to work.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6636.0