prisoner catch and release system

Started by keylocke, December 13, 2014, 11:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

apparently if you arrest one of your colonist (coz they got low morale and "gave up" on colony), then on the prisoner tab check "release", this will return the colonist back to normal without needing to try to recruit them again.. i was like duh.. how'd the heck did i miss that?! lol..  :o

Nasikabatrachus

Not sure if bug or just something that makes perfect sense.

codyo

Makes sense I suppose, since the colony is their home :P
Maybe a terrible one.
But home nonetheless.

Dr. Z

Cool, didn't noticed that, thanks for the info.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Darkfirephoenix

Well it kinda makes sense. The main reason you take your own ppl prisoners is when they have a mental break and either run amok or try to run away. It sounds logical if you capture and let them come down a bit that they would rejoin your colony without much work required.
"So did ya cool down?" "Yes. Sorry for losing my cool, can I go out now?" "Sure!"

Klitri

Thanks! I was gonna experiment on this but you saved me a lot of time!

Tynan

They should get a mood debuff if you do this. It isn't free.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: Tynan on December 14, 2014, 01:15:35 PM
They should get a mood debuff if you do this. It isn't free.

"Convinced by warden" typically covers any mood debuffs handily, so the optimum thing to do if you don't need a colonist right away is let the warden talk to them for a bit and then release.

tommonius

I never knew this thanks for the idea, people about to have a mental break I can capture and talk to with a warden then release them and tell them to stop being such babies and get back to hauling rocks around.

cheers  ;D