Private Room Zone

Started by wdnz, December 26, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdnz

Please add the ability to mark a certain room as private for a colonist, so that only the colonist whose bed is in the room has a key to the door. That way this colonist would be able to have his own private stash of materials/clothes/guns and if he has a stove in there or any other manufacturing station, only he would be able to use it.

It could also play into a certain "offense" system that if colonists do something wrong (like breaking into another colonists room) there would be a rightful cause for arresting him (but I guess that sounds a little too much?)

Geertje123

This is a good idea. It's also useful in the way that if you want to limit a certain workbench/table to a certain member, so only they can access it.

Kane Hart

Could have say just a option on the door to let only certain people in maybe?

Geertje123

Quote from: Kane Hart on December 27, 2014, 02:28:09 AM
Could have say just a option on the door to let only certain people in maybe?

This maybe too, but say that you have a room with 4 doors, you'd have to put a rule on all of those doors

Menuhin

I really want the ability to restrict work benches to particular colonists.  But I'm not sure that having benches limited by rooms is necessarily the best.  How I normally lay out my bases restricted rooms would not work at all.  And outside of being able to restrict benches I'm failing to see much more functional purpose in that.

BinaryBlackhole

restricting benches is a must as crafters produce different things based on their level you wouldn't want a level 5 crafter to make your weapon. Or a colonists with a high mental brake threshold to be putting corpses in the crematorium.

Carry

Quote from: Menuhin on December 27, 2014, 04:41:30 PMI'm failing to see much more functional purpose in that.
The future brings purpose -> "Colonists are now bothered by people walking around inside the room while they sleep" (Changelog)