Override reserved stuff

Started by Wex, December 13, 2014, 11:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

And to go to sleep in the middle of the day (the mod Miscellaneous, has a computer that makes tired people go to sleep and hungey people grab a bite).
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

windruf

+1
+1
and+1
and add something: colonists should be able to override tasks on their own: like one is building and there is a part, reserved by another colonist who is too far away, so first colonist just do his part of the job too.

Safir

Quote from: Stan-K on December 14, 2014, 05:47:28 AM
+1

Simple, elegant, and a good Improvement.

I would like to add the similar situation can be solved too: "X is not a hauler/doctor/etc". Ok, so x is not a hauler, but if she is capable of it, for just this once, she should do it, just because I say so.
+1, upvote, yes

Noobshock

+1 please let us override reserved stuff

Vas

Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

KDStudios

Replied to another topic with pretty much what you said, didn't know this existed until you posted about it on there, so here's my post:
QuoteThis is one of my biggest pet peeves with this game.
But it's not just fires.
It's everything.
I'd love things to be prioritised based on location and how close you are to something.
Say someone recently finished extinguishing the fire and is walking off, yet there's a fire next to them and someone far away wants it, they should override it.

Alternatively, let OUR choice override what the colonists want to do.
So instead of saying "oh you can't click that because it's reserved", how about we get to override it by just clicking on it with a colonist we selected, like we would if it wasn't reserved. The one who originally reserved it would just stop in their place and go do something else. That would be the quickest and simplest temporary solution to this I guess.

+9001
Please... I beg you ;)

wileama