Artifical Brain Removal

Started by woolfoma, December 14, 2014, 12:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

If you shut down a Mechanoid (not kill it) then you get the option to remove their brain (at first I thought I could give people super brains :D ) but after the operation went through, nothing happened, literally nothing.

is this a bug just for me, or is it not yet implemented?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

christhekiller

I've noticed a bug where bionic parts aren't given to you when you take them out of people. I'm guessing the artificial brain counts as a bionic part and is thusly affected by this bug.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Nickvr628

I can harvest Mechanoid brainz?!? :o I must try this.

Goo Poni

Is this a part of alpha 8? Shutting down the minds of incapped mechanoids is essentially euthanasia and it kills them. Can't dissect dead bodies.

kremil1

Quote from: Goo Poni on December 14, 2014, 10:24:04 AM
Is this a part of alpha 8? Shutting down the minds of incapped mechanoids is essentially euthanasia and it kills them. Can't dissect dead bodies.

Well... Actually you can. Try it yourself. After shutting em down.

killerx243

So I incapacitated one, how do I do this?

Figured it out but when I have someone do it they don't remove the brain. They go through the animation but nothing happens.

ItchyFlea

I'd say this is a bug. I have posted it on the bug tracker: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=1406

Thanks for reporting this. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created