Forcing to eat?

Started by rizay, December 14, 2014, 03:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rizay

I had no food lately in the game but my colonist didn't care to be starving. They don't seemed to have any interest in eating some survival packages. I even told them to go there to haul it and drafted them when they were close to the food. They had no interrest in the food when they got close and to their way home they starved to death. So i would like a option to force your colonist to eat something... Or maybe some priority on the priority list for self care?

Cimanyd

On their way home to do what? Were they trying to feed a patient, or put out a fire, or something? If so, you can temporarily turn that priority (doctoring or firefighting) off in the overview. If not, they probably couldn't eat the food, or they would have. You're sure it wasn't forbidden? (couldn't have been if they hauled it)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Shinzy

Their jaw may have also been bashed out (I lost one colonist to that in last alpha) ;D

"Lost your jaaaw, can't eat? whyyy didn't you saay.. oh."

Klitri

Quote from: Shinzy on December 14, 2014, 05:20:29 AM
Their jaw may have also been bashed out (I lost one colonist to that in last alpha) ;D

It's sad because I had this warrior princess in one of my previous colonies that had the worst luck and got her jaw smashed off. We were suffering from a lack of resources and couldn't replace her jaw in time. If only I'd remembered that I could have put her into a cryptosleep chamber..

Shinzy

Quote from: Klitri on December 14, 2014, 11:44:31 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on December 14, 2014, 05:20:29 AM

It's sad because I had this warrior princess in one of my previous colonies that had the worst luck and got her jaw smashed off. We were suffering from a lack of resources and couldn't replace her jaw in time. If only I'd remembered that I could have put her into a cryptosleep chamber..

Ohh I feel you! remembering the cryptosleep pods *after* you lose someone to something you can't treat right away ;D
I lost one to a infection like that, and I had room full of empty pods right next to me, too
Boy did I feel like a fool =P