Prisoner releasing underpowered

Started by Dr. Z, December 14, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I wanted to increase the goodwill of a faction by rescuing one of their incapped fighters. I captured him, which caused like -90 mood at this faction. I thought the gain of releasing him would be higher then the penalty for capturing him, but when I released him they only got like +10 and are still hostile :-\
Prasie the Squirrel!

woolfoma

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 14, 2014, 08:31:52 AM
I wanted to increase the goodwill of a faction by rescuing one of their incapped fighters. I captured him, which caused like -90 mood at this faction. I thought the gain of releasing him would be higher then the penalty for capturing him, but when I released him they only got like +10 and are still hostile :-\
when I do it, I get like 35+ relations
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Cimanyd

The problem there is that there's no way to rescue and heal allies without capturing them as a prisoner, making the faction hostile. Not that the releasing relations help is low.

Don't worry, after you kill a few groups of attackers and release the survivors, they'll suddenly be friends again. :P
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

tommonius

I do think that maybe if we release prisoners we should be able to get to a neutral status so they are no longer attacking, using them as hostages to bargain peace would be nice.

After that I suppose using the comms console to bribe them into liking us more and not attacking us like clockwork work would be great.

i really wished that we could recruit friendly towns people or rent them without forcing them to go hostile as I noticed a few had brilliant stats.

keylocke

prisoner release actually feels OP.. as someone has show before, you can even make pirate bands non-hostile.. (but that got boring way too fast)

so what i do is just keep the pirate band hostile as well as 1 tribal faction hostile. this way, i get a constant stream of ultraviolence and different types of loot, instead of turning rimworld into a peaceful harvest, craft, and trade "banished" style of gameplay..

edit : woah, i just realized my post was a bit off topic. lol.

anyways, i think visitor interactions are still not yet completely fleshed out. since current updates mostly revolve around the world and the climate systems. but it's probably already in tynan's to-do list.

woolfoma

Quote from: keylocke on December 14, 2014, 07:43:04 PM
prisoner release actually feels OP.. as someone has show before, you can even make pirate bands non-hostile.. (but that got boring way too fast)

so what i do is just keep the pirate band hostile as well as 1 tribal faction hostile. this way, i get a constant stream of ultraviolence and different types of loot, instead of turning rimworld into a peaceful harvest, craft, and trade "banished" style of gameplay..

edit : woah, i just realized my post was a bit off topic. lol.

anyways, i think visitor interactions are still not yet completely fleshed out. since current updates mostly revolve around the world and the climate systems. but it's probably already in tynan's to-do list.
umm, making all the factions neutral is arguably the hardest way to play. as every attack is a swarm of mechanoids. though the game does because easier in the way that sieges are completely removed, it becomes harder because mechanoids never wait to attack, 1/3 of the time they orbit drop on top of you, and those bloody centipedes are the most OP thing in the game.

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

keylocke

i dunno. i still get decent amounts of mechanoid drops along with the usual tribal and pirate raids. so in terms of difficulty, it's mostly the same. but i like the variety of having different types of attacks. (edit : mechanoid only raids tend to be far in between, compared to having several hostile factions dropping by frequently)

it's also fun to watch the raiders and tribals and mechanoids duking it out with each other.. it's like if two or more raid events get spawned by randy random at the same time, i just lure one of the group towards another group and then let them fight each other as i snipe them from afar..  ;D

i'm not overly fond of mechanoid drops though, since they don't really have decent loot other than scyther blades (most of my people already have powerclaws) and miniguns (all of my burst squad units already have mini guns)... creating longswords from all of that plasteel loot from mechs is nice though..