Raider logic

Started by Dr. Z, December 14, 2014, 09:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

If your raiding party is so small that the turrets can take them out by themselfs: Attack
If your raiding party is so big that you can kill all colonists in a few seconds: Siege

Logic? Anyone?
Prasie the Squirrel!

JonoRig

Arent Raids based on Points values, which are also based on colony wealth and play time; so whilst illogical to us from a strategic view, the AI possibly just spent all its "point" on armour and guns.

I also think Siegers get given more points, which can be used to "buy" more pawns, where as drop pod assaults have the least amount of points, so tend to have few numbers, or worse equipment.

So illogical to a human yes, perfectly rational to AI; someone correct me though because this is a guess hahaha

Klitri

Quote from: JonoRig on December 14, 2014, 09:35:49 AM
Arent Raids based on Points values, which are also based on colony wealth and play time; so whilst illogical to us from a strategic view, the AI possibly just spent all its "point" on armour and guns.

I also think Siegers get given more points, which can be used to "buy" more pawns, where as drop pod assaults have the least amount of points, so tend to have few numbers, or worse equipment.

So illogical to a human yes, perfectly rational to AI; someone correct me though because this is a guess hahaha

No, I think you're right. That'd explain why each pawn has a "<pointsCost>" tag.