[α0.8] Anyone able to get Devilstrand to grow in a new biome, even Boreal?

Started by Chibiabos, December 14, 2014, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

I've tried and tried and it just doesn't happen :/  That first cold snap hits and boom ... the growing season is too short, and upon getting hydroponics, solar flares strike way too often (closest I've gotten is about 16 days' growing time) and the devilstrand dies fast with no electricity. :/

Has anyone else had any luck growing devilstrand on a Boreal or cooler biome?
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

abelsavard

To grow them I think you need a modified greenhouse.   That is you inclose some soil with a wall to form a roofed room then place a heating unit set to 20 degrees or so and then add the growing zone with the devil strand and a sunlamp.  If a solar flair hits your stuff doesnt die due to no electricity and you can de-roof the room in a pinch to provide sunlight if your plants are in danger of dying.

Spoonikle

Quote from: abelsavard on December 14, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
To grow them I think you need a modified greenhouse.   That is you inclose some soil with a wall to form a roofed room then place a heating unit set to 20 degrees or so and then add the growing zone with the devil strand and a sunlamp.  If a solar flair hits your stuff doesnt die due to no electricity and you can de-roof the room in a pinch to provide sunlight if your plants are in danger of dying.

100% best way to make the stuff. yet it takes so long to grow its faster to make money other ways, like making wooden long swords.