254 windows weird pirates raids

Started by savaze, November 07, 2013, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savaze

I loaded my game from the 250 ver. into 254. When pirates dropped they didn't trigger an alarm when they started raiding. They proceeded to walk right through my defenses (which didn't activate) and into my base where they set everything on fire, but didn't attack anyone. I didn't notice until things were messy (my base spanned the whole underground as well as two complete sides of the outside (250x250) map - with the middle and one side open for the raiders to come in through.)

Tynan

Loading the old save probably caused this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

savaze

I started another game with the same problem not duplicating. I am having a new problem when the raiders ready up. The screen starts flashing and all the colors switch to a red or yellow palette. All the settlers names also start blinking. I can still scroll around the screen, but I lose control over what I can click on. The only thing I've been able to do is ALT-F4 and load it back up and wait for it to happen again. It doesn't happen every raid.

Semmy

Do you got a savegame from before it happening?
Also wich version are you using 254 or 254b?
What is your os?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

savaze

I'm using the windows 0.0.254 (I didn't know there was a "b" version, I only received one link for 254). I don't have any older saves either.

enystrom8734

Do you have buildings on the edge of the map?
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

savaze

I have walls built one space away from the edge of the map on one side, but no buildings.

benit2

I've got the exact same bug!
I happened right after a pirate raid, when I asked one of my crew to capture an incapacitated raider.
The screen flashed a little bit, then all the game would not respond to my mouse-click and the borders of the map would get that strange red-yellow "solitaire-win-refresh-effect".
I don't think it's a compability problem since I started this game the same day I installed the game (version .254B).
I was able to save after this bug happened and the save got corrupted too.. well part of it would still get loaded.. humm.. I took a video of this..
http://youtu.be/obHFtDOy6Ik

I included the corrupted save file in attachment.. I don't know if this can help

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Semmy

Quote from: savaze on November 08, 2013, 03:27:48 PM
I have walls built one space away from the edge of the map on one side, but no buildings.

Buildings on the edge of the map do cause bugs. I think walls do aswell.

Quote from: benit2 on November 24, 2013, 04:48:07 AM
I've got the exact same bug!
I happened right after a pirate raid, when I asked one of my crew to capture an incapacitated raider.
The screen flashed a little bit, then all the game would not respond to my mouse-click and the borders of the map would get that strange red-yellow "solitaire-win-refresh-effect".
I don't think it's a compability problem since I started this game the same day I installed the game (version .254B).
I was able to save after this bug happened and the save got corrupted too.. well part of it would still get loaded.. humm.. I took a video of this..
http://youtu.be/obHFtDOy6Ik

I included the corrupted save file in attachment.. I don't know if this can help

I will take a look later today when i get home. Unless somebody else already did and added it to the bugtracker.
Edmund Burke

benit2

Okay good! btw I was using the Windows version when this happened. Oh and I've read some post that seems to relate to the same bug and that made me remember that I've been playing for a few hours straight when this happened.

Semmy

Quote from: benit2 on November 27, 2013, 11:26:44 PM
Okay good! btw I was using the Windows version when this happened. Oh and I've read some post that seems to relate to the same bug and that made me remember that I've been playing for a few hours straight when this happened.

Did you have stuff build near the edges of your map?

Wow this is clearly a bug.

My dev tool spams alot a whole lot of troubles.
I will post this in the tracker thanks alot.
Edmund Burke

benit2

Hum, I don't recall having any building near the edges.. I think my base was pretty much in centered on the map.

This bug happened right after a pirate raid, like in the seconds that followed after I killed them (I think there must have been only a few, 2-4 of them). I ordered one of my crew to capture a raider that survived and then the bug happened.

But when it happened the first time (when I was playing) it wasn't like what you can see in the video.. hmm.. I could look on the map with "no" problem (I guess it's because it was already loaded in the memory), but I noticed that when I was looking that the edges of the map, instead of simply showing the black backgroud, the game was displaying something really similar to this (http://oi42.tinypic.com/2i790eg.jpg) in terms of color.. but when I looked back to the map it was displaying correctly. Everything seemed normal but the game wasn't responding to my mouse-click, AND (forgot to tell that earlier) the names of my characters where not displaying on their actual position.. I remember that I could see someone's name where the pirate was laying..

but when I saved the game the pirate wasn't laying on the ground but was beeing draged to his cell (that's at least what the game was displaying).. so ya.. my characters would be able to move but not their names.. .. ..
If you load my save file and go look in the bottom-left of the map, you will see the name "Simpson" which is either the name of the pirate or the name of my crewmember..
Also, everyone was still in combat mode when I saved, so I suspect it might be the reason why they are not moving.

I think that's all the details I can recall..
I'm glad to help! ;)

benit2

PS: I'd like also to clarify that this bug could ABSOLUTELY NOT have been caused by using a previous version of the game or an old savefile. I bought the game only last week, so everything (the game files, the save) was fresh of the same day.