[MOD] (Alpha 8) HeadSpike (v1)

Started by Ink., December 15, 2014, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink.

Description

This mod adds a new decoration to the game that is a humanoid head on a spike. At the moment, it doesn't provide you with any real changes to game play and will only function to help make your base spooky.

It was created to test the waters of modding Rimworld and for my own personal use.

Media

(You can click the image for full resolution)

Installation

- Unzip the HeadSpike.zip.
- Copy the folder HeadSpike into your Rimworld/Mods

To-Do

- Allow the spikes to be made out of different materials
- Investigate potential buffs or game play changes to include when a HS is placed
- Add the requirement for corpses to be used as a cost
- Other feedback/suggestions

Contributors

Ink. - Code
Shinzy - Art Resources

Usage

Use the mod as you desire.

Changelog
  • Release Updates
Download

https://www.mediafire.com/?efad5k5q1ohbnng

Discussion

- Do you think the object is too big? It's (2,2) but I felt (1,1) was too small and the texture really needs to be sized proportionally to look right.

- Any ideas/changes you'd suggest?

eatKenny

Evul

Ink.

Quote from: eatKenny on December 15, 2014, 03:45:56 PM
need one corpse to build?

Not yet, forgot to write that in the to-do list. That's another thing I want to set up in the costs. Atm you only need 10 wood.

@Evul - Thanks!

Ded1

I would say give a mood penalty of -5 each or something like that if its possible to only do so for raiders (or even to only other factions).  That way you have the chance of breaking enemy assaults far easier.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

StorymasterQ

I think you're using the word 'decoration' incorrectly :D

Cool, nevertheless.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Visitor000

i have not played it yet but can you name them? if so i would name one Ned.
and have one of my pycotic colonist named Joffrey
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Ink.

Quote from: Ded1 on December 15, 2014, 06:30:17 PM
I would say give a mood penalty of -5 each or something like that if its possible to only do so for raiders (or even to only other factions).  That way you have the chance of breaking enemy assaults far easier.

That could be good. I have a feeling that outlander towns and pirates would be more frightened by this sort of thing than tribes might. It does pose a question if that when the corpses are required to make it, if the faction of the original corpse would effect. So like if I made 3 HS' from Tribe X's corpses, it would effect them a lot but if pirate band Y came around than it wouldn't effect them as much because it's still heads on pikes, but it's not their own brethren.

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 15, 2014, 09:01:09 PM
I think you're using the word 'decoration' incorrectly :D

Cool, nevertheless.

Toemato Tomato xD

Quote from: King Of Natlanta on December 15, 2014, 10:14:08 PM
i have not played it yet but can you name them? if so i would name one Ned.
and have one of my pycotic colonist named Joffrey

Unfortunately not. As far as I know we can't individually name objects like we can with colonists.

I kinda wanted to do the same thing with Graves, because I restrict graves for only my colonists. A workaround I've used so far is making stockpiles that don't accept anything and naming them above the grave.

john pretzel

Hi Ink. Good mod you made here  ;D thanks for sharing.

I have, however, some incompatibility reported on the game. Could you please have a look at this?

I have other mods installed, like CyberneticsStorm. I don't know if it messes with this one..

Ink.

It might be EdB Prepare Carefully or EdB Interface, because I have that error with both of them. But, do you have project armory installed? Because I do and if you don't that might help confirm/deny those suspicions.

Anyway, I've been busy with holidays and finals lately, so I haven't had much time to work on this. I hope to be able to once it quiets down. Wanna fix a few things and change some things up.

john pretzel

Hi, thanks for replying  :)

I don't have project armory.

AnimalHideWorking v2.0
Canned Food
Clutter 18 December
CyberneticsStorm 2.3
EdB Interface UI 2.5.1
EdB Mod Order 1.2.1
EdBPrepareCarefully 1.4.1
Enhanced Defence 0.09
Hide and Parka Nerf 1.0.0
Hobo Stove
IceSheet 1.1a
JaffaKree 1.1
Liandri Corp v1.3c
Miscellaneous 1.8.2
Modular Tables v1.4
More Furniture 0.0.2a8
More Storage
MoreDeco
NewRecipeNurse
RimTroopers
Right Tool for the Job v1.1
Skullywags Fire Extinguisher, FlameThrower, LandMines, NonLethals
Stargate - Jaffa, Kree! 1.1
The Inspection - Floor Spikes
Turret Collection 1.7b
WinterWonderland 1.0
XtraPlants 3.0

P.s. That's why I flooded the forum yesterday with thanks to all the modders in this list.  ;D