super cold climate, I can't deal with all the far-away corpses!

Started by porcupine, December 16, 2014, 12:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

So the title says it all.  I went for a difficult setup, coldest, highest spot on the map I could find that wasn't an ice sheet.  No growing season, arse cold for most of the year.

Used the de-buff parka mod, to make it more authentic.  Problem is, most of the dead bodies are too far away to ever be dealt with.  They died in winter, I haven't had time to deal with 'em (read: full on rotting), and it takes ~1 day per colonist per body hauled.  Everybody is insane before half a dozen are done.

Why aren't the animals eating the rotting corpses?  There needs to be some mechanic out there to deal with all the rot.  Raiders aren't nearly as bothered it seems.  In temperate climates, usually bodies are closer, and forest fires take care of the rest at random.

I'm ~2 years in at this point.

Mikhail Reign

If they are really far away, why deal with them at all? On my -100 map, I have a stream of bodies from the edge of the map, to about 50m away from the door, but since its, as stated -100 outside, people are never more then 20m away from the base, hence, never see the bodies.

porcupine

Because in the summer months, I want to go and raid the remainder of their siege machines, steal weapons, etc. :)

Mikhail Reign

Ah, even then on cold maps I normally dont bother. Most things get deconstructed and the colonists are out of there before the effects become to bad. Or you could just send a constructer with them and just bury them where they lie.