Closet Zones

Started by Romancandle64, December 15, 2014, 04:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romancandle64

Since we have different temperatures to deal with, we should be able to mark a zone to store clothes that colonists will automatically switch to when needed. I don't want to have to micro manage what clothes my colonists are wearing  every time they want to go in and out of buildings, or re-equip everything when they get out of a fight. just something so they store there parkas and toques in their personal, or shared spots until they chose to go outside. this would be especially useful with the Apparello mod since it adds several clothing items that affect various stats

Mekintos

JimmyAgnt007

the AI involved with property and switching clothing is WAY more complex than you might think.  plus what happens if someone is working far away and goes to switch clothing then goes back across the map.  or if they are in an area that is hovering between temperatures then they are always taking on and off the clothing.  lots of room for messed up behavior.

personally i think that the colonists should be able to hold winter clothing in their personal inventory and just swap as needed but always carry it with them.  kind of a dirty way of doing it but much easier to implement.