Basic lessons in corpsology

Started by Dr. Z, December 15, 2014, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

So the differece between colonist corpses and stranger corpses make sense, but why is there a third box saying human corpse? And what is the effect of ticking/not ticking the box "Allow buried corpses"?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Nasikabatrachus

"Allow buried corpses" is pretty much just for graves. If you uncheck it on a grave, your colonists will haul a body back and forth between a stockpile and the grave endlessly, like so:

http://puu.sh/dwgrK/c08b7b1a3a.png

Presumably "Human corpse" is there to demonstrate that there can be more than one "race" of humanoid in the game, although I don't understand why stockpiles accept corpses but not human corpses by default.

Snownova

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on December 15, 2014, 05:55:58 PMAlthough I don't understand why stockpiles accept corpses but not human corpses by default.

Because non human corpses dont cause negative morale modifiers and are generally used in normal colony industry. (Im considering cannibalism to be outside of the "normal" range)

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: Snownova on December 16, 2014, 01:00:43 AM
Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on December 15, 2014, 05:55:58 PMAlthough I don't understand why stockpiles accept corpses but not human corpses by default.

Because non human corpses dont cause negative morale modifiers and are generally used in normal colony industry. (Im considering cannibalism to be outside of the "normal" range)

But stockpiles don't have animal or mechanoid corpses allowed by default. Just stranger corpses and colonist corpses. The "human corpse" box is un-ticked.

Dr. Z

Maybe because the only human corpses existing are colonists and strangers, so this box essentially has no function and is left unticked.
Prasie the Squirrel!