Fertilizer Pump

Started by Snowpig, December 16, 2014, 04:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowpig

just saw in the changelog that it was cutted  :(

suggestion:
make it similar to the nutrient paste dispenser - you have to feed the pump to make it work.

like: add stuff which is capable to rot (food/corpses) and as soon as the timer from "fresh" to "rotten" runs out, instead of status changing (corpses) or deletion (food) just transform the stuff into a defined amount of fertilizer. A number of fertilizer is then used to make one (of the 25) fields to "earth"

This would slow the stuff down and make it temperature-dependent.

JonoRig

I'm not as concerned about using this for growing purposes, but sometimes you really need it to fill in an awkwardly placed pond, after all, if its only a meter squared, in real life you could drain it and fill it up; and without any kind of ecosystem that lives in or requires these sources, theyre just pretty annoyances

thefinn

Quote from: JonoRig on December 16, 2014, 04:48:18 AM
I'm not as concerned about using this for growing purposes, but sometimes you really need it to fill in an awkwardly placed pond, after all, if its only a meter squared, in real life you could drain it and fill it up; and without any kind of ecosystem that lives in or requires these sources, theyre just pretty annoyances

Yeah I use it for this too.

Drahkon

I just hope he's supplying a better way to deal with these areas, they can make parts of the map all but unplayable in some more extreme cases.

PapaDookie

be nice if you could use it to turn normal soil into rich soil by leaving it running for longer