Research Bench XML

Started by Visitor000, December 16, 2014, 06:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor000

i have looked everywhere and i still haven't found out how to create a mod to Replacement for the research bench. i have looked at tutorials and if i did this it would be my first mod, so can anyone help.
all i need is the ThingDefs XML to create it and i am done.

The Def is below

[attachment deleted due to age]
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Visitor000

Thanks, i have no idea how i missed this. :D
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Visitor000

wait, um im uploading the "Mod" it may have a problam with it *cough* Crashes the game *cough* so um if anyone sees the problem would you kindly help.
totally not trying to control you mind

I am an Author.

Rikiki

I just tested it and did not had any problem.
I compared the XML from the genuine research bench and the chemical table, there is no major difference except from the stuff and shadow parameters.

Please post your code so I can check it. :)

Visitor000

im sorry, what do you mean by code

I am an Author.

Rikiki

code = source code = XML file in your case.
Post the XML file your are trying to modify so I can check if there is no error.

Visitor000

its already up at my first comment as an attachment

I am an Author.

Rikiki

:o Sorry, I am blind...
I compared the files and did not found obvious bug.
Maybe remove
<killedLeavings>
   <Wood>50</Wood>
</killedLeavings>

as a portion of the wood used for construction will already be spawned with this tag
<leaveResourcesWhenKilled>true</leaveResourcesWhenKilled>

I will test your version tonight.
Can you precise what the problem is? Do you have any console error?

Visitor000

naa its when i load up the mod, and exit the mod screen the screen just goes to a picture of the background

I am an Author.

Rikiki

OK, so here is attached the corrected file.
There were 2 errors:
- <category>Misc</category> instead of <category>Building</category>
I used the RimWorld657Win_Data\output_log.txt to find this one. It was causing the starting black screen.
- Replaced Wood by WoodLog.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Visitor000

I am an Author.