Anyone know the explosion range of turrets?

Started by zenithar47, November 07, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nnescio

Quote from: zenithar47 on November 10, 2013, 12:31:27 AM
nnescio, that last post of yours up there was GENIUS. It had me laughing for a bit, nice story! But yeah, now we know that sandbags don't dampen the explosion. But I have had a couple people (I believe) that survived an explosion next to a turret. Maybe the explosion doesn't do the same amount of damage towards colonists as it does to inanimate objects? Plus I wonder if walls would be any different than sandbags in your experiment.

You could test that by putting walls on three sides with sandbags around the outside and seeing if it still makes the same crater. MORE SCIENCE!!!

Thanks.

Walls block explosions entirely (as I noted earlier). Explosions (and most things with range, like guns) cannot propagate through a wall. The wall will be blown up though, so walls can only block explosions once.

I love to build diagonal wall sections on the back side of a turret (the front is, naturally, facing towards the enemies.) They let my colonists repair the turret (colonists can reach diagonally while building/repairing) while shielding them from harm. I sometimes even wall them in entirely if I want them to be on full time repair duty while the raiders attack.