[A13] [POLL] Temperature Control v2.41 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, December 16, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which feature do you find the most useful in this mod?

E-Heated Floors
Small Fan
Small Heater
Industrial Heater
Industrial Cooler
I use a a couple of them regularly (comment below to specify which ones please)
I use them all equally

Ded1

I hope that Tynan implements areas like volcanoes or lava flows (course you would need the ability to build bridges to get around the map then).  But that way we have zones of Extreme danger like the Ice Sheets, just on the opposite end of the temp spectrum.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

I'm more interested in him giving modders the ability to create new biomes. That is going to be a lot of fun.

Ded1

Yeah that would be better tbh.  That way people can make dozens of new ones without him needing to work it out himself.  Though the ability to build stuff above liquid would be amazing
Feel Good Modpack

Ded1

Im sure its in the works.  Something like what they have in Stargate Atlantis where it is basically like a fridge but it dumps the excess heat into another dimension.  S5E16 Brain Storm
Feel Good Modpack

Igabod

Quote from: Rolf on December 20, 2014, 07:37:37 AM
i think we need stronger cooling

Your wish is my command. :) New update released, includes an Industrial Cooler. It's just using the same texture as the vanilla cooler the same way the industrial heater is recycling the vanilla heater graphics. If anybody wants to provide textures for them please by all means do.

Igabod

Updated the poll to include the new Industrial Cooler and reset the votes. Play the game for a while and then vote again. :)

Rilamus

Hey, if you want them I darkened the Industrial Cooler texture and added a warning sign on  the  Industrial heater, I feel as though this makes them more "Industrial" 

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

Quote from: Rilamus on December 20, 2014, 09:30:29 AM
Hey, if you want them I darkened the Industrial Cooler texture and added a warning sign on  the  Industrial heater, I feel as though this makes them more "Industrial" 

Not bad. I was actually considering whether or not to make the industrial heater into a 2x1 object instead of 1x1 though. Not sure if I could do that with the cooler or not since it has the red and blue squares, don't know if those would expand with the object or not but I'll probably test that out. I don't know whether or not I should make them bigger though. I want to do it to make up for the fact that they are so much more powerful than the regular ones as well as to just make them look more powerful. But I am open to input from others on that.

Rilamus

Well if you do make the Industrial heater 2X1 here's a texture for it if you want it

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rolf

Very Cool mod and thank you for the quick implementation of the industrial cooler i love them

Loki88

Awesome looking mod, going to give it a try later tonight. Are you considering expanding this to utilize different heat sources such as an industrial boiler? Something that would require a hopper for feed stock to burn but no power, but inefficient with fuel to balance it a bit?

Also what programs do you guys use to make textures? My coding ability is crap but I can give textures a whirl to see if I can be at least a bit helpful.

Rilamus

Well I've been using photoshop but if you don't wanna pay for it gimp is free and just as good 

Anyway it's nice to see so many people wanting to help each other out, RimWorld certainly has an amazing modding community. And that industrial boiler Loki is an amazing idea!

Loki88

Quote from: Rilamus on December 21, 2014, 06:41:16 PM
Well I've been using photoshop but if you don't wanna pay for it gimp is free and just as good 

Anyway it's nice to see so many people wanting to help each other out, RimWorld certainly has an amazing modding community. And that industrial boiler Loki is an amazing idea!

Thanks Rilamus! will be giving it a try to see if two years of tech design classes paid off or if I've forgotten everything :p

The boiler and my wood heating suggestions are just me being peculiar about heating, I grew up in the boonies and days long power outages were common in the winter so we heated with wood. By extension I don't think you could get more "boonies" then crash landing on some unknown planet so for me it just fits!

Igabod

I guess I can try and do a wood burning heater that is mid-range between the vanilla heater and the industrial heater. That one will take a little more time to implement though. I've got a lot of things going on tonight.

As for the texture program, I'm using GIMP for all of my textures, but I also use Paint.net for some things like lightening/darkening an entire texture after it's already been made in GIMP. Paint.net is just a little more user friendly in it's layout and I only started doing textures in October. I've never actually done any artistic work before that. So it's really not that hard to do, just requires patience.