[A13] [POLL] Temperature Control v2.41 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, December 16, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which feature do you find the most useful in this mod?

E-Heated Floors
Small Fan
Small Heater
Industrial Heater
Industrial Cooler
I use a a couple of them regularly (comment below to specify which ones please)
I use them all equally

Jaxter

I feel that the mod needs vents you should see if there is a way you could make a patch to work with Redist Heat [https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0]

Igabod

Quote from: Jaxter on March 09, 2015, 02:58:51 PM
I feel that the mod needs vents you should see if there is a way you could make a patch to work with Redist Heat [https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11056.0]

I don't know what you want me to do... it already works as is with that mod. I just tested it by building a large room with an industrial heater from this mod and two smaller rooms with vents into that room and then bumped the temperature up to 88 on the heater and the temp in all 3 rooms raised equally. That was using the basic vent and not the active vent, but I'm sure it still works. Unless you can provide me with specific things that aren't working I can't do anything to make the mods any more compatible than they already are.

Jaxter

Thats odd, whenever I tick the mark for the both of them and hit ok it just closes...

Latta

Temperature Control and RedistHeat has no reason to conflict. I tried it just now.
Though concept might overlap, you can use this on this and that on that, like coolers/heaters from this and vents from RedistHeat.

Jaxter

I may just need to search for any imperections in my local data, thanks for telling me it works for you guys.

EDIT: It appears that your mods have to have their peices-parts put in the correct folders, your XML files arent in their correct designations and dont work from just a file extract of the source you offer.

Igabod

Quote from: Jaxter on March 10, 2015, 08:09:52 AM
Thats odd, whenever I tick the mark for the both of them and hit ok it just closes...

Not sure what is causing that, I've never seen any mod cause that to happen. It's unlikely that it is caused by my mod though since I only alter XML.

Quote from: Jaxter on March 10, 2015, 09:47:30 AM
I may just need to search for any imperections in my local data, thanks for telling me it works for you guys.

EDIT: It appears that your mods have to have their peices-parts put in the correct folders, your XML files arent in their correct designations and dont work from just a file extract of the source you offer.

I don't know what you're talking about here. XML files don't have to follow any folder structure beyond being put into the Defs folder. Everything works exactly the way I packaged it. If you're still having troubles then I am going to need more info to be able to help you fix the problem. Could you possibly walk me through every step you take to cause the error to  occur?

Jaxter

1] Download your file from here
2] Extract all files straight into rimworld mods folder [using 7zip]
3] Launch game, tick the thing in mods area of menu [it usually says no data in the info panel]
4] start colony and check for ANY signs of non-vanilla parts [finds none]
5] check inside the folder for the mod itself, find all the XMLs on the first screen and place them into their corresponding folders
6] check in the game's mod menu [about panel works now]
7] repeat step 4 [same results and or crash]

Igabod

okay, that sounds like maybe a corrupted download or a problem with the unzipping process. Try re-downloading the file (after deleting the folder from your mods folder) and doing it again. The file and folder structure is definitely not messed up in the .7z file I uploaded.

slaveofpeon

In regards to the poll, I tend to not use the fan or heated floors, mostly because i get by just fine by tossing one of the coolers and one of the heaters in a room and set them to the same temp. Its a great concept for both items, but i tend to just go overkill on them and it works fine for me. I'm still new to it, so I may not understand efficiency values to them and I am too casual to know what i would be looking at if i opened the mod files, so forgive me if I am noobish about not using those two for some awesome benefit idk about. 

I enjoy the mod thoroughly and just wanted to say, as of yet, I have had no bugs, everything works well and as expected (least i assume that the slight fluctuations in temp that i notice is from doors or walls losing the heat and not bounce around from the mod)

Good work!
Don't mention the elephant in the room, since no one knows it exists if we make a rule against it and never talk about it.

Mention Rum, Get Sixxed

LanMc

Per your Poll Request:

I use the heaters and fans often - in colonist's private rooms.  I use the industrial heater and industrial cooler for larger rooms and I use the industrial coolers for creating a refrigerated room for food storage. 

Love your mod!  Love that I can heat and cool equally.  Thanks bunches!
Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Igabod

This mod has now been updated for Alpha 10. I haven't had time to fully test it in a game yet so there might be bugs. Please report any problems so I can fix them quickly.

joescoolpub

I used the small fan and heater in bedrooms mostly, and the industrial ones are very useful as well. I personally don't use the heater floors but that's probably just me.
I like turtles.

Eisenwulf

Any compatibility issues with other mods? I am curious about this mod, but I do have a long list of mods when I play RW. (I like the idea of heated floors  :) )
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

Igabod

Quote from: Eisenwulf on May 04, 2015, 02:16:43 PM
Any compatibility issues with other mods? I am curious about this mod, but I do have a long list of mods when I play RW. (I like the idea of heated floors  :) )

None reported so far and I am unaware of any that might even possibly conflict.

Igabod

Alpha 11 is out and I'm settled in to my new home in Georgia. I still don't have time to actually play the game just yet cause I have a lot of things to take care of such as getting my drivers license and car registration transferred from Texas to Georgia and things of that nature. So the updates for all of my mods won't be coming out quite as quickly as they have in the past. You can help me in this by testing the alpha 10 version to see if it works as is or if it pops up with some errors. Also if anybody wants to do the update work for me and upload it in a comment on this thread then that will help get the updates out even faster and you will be mentioned in the credits of course.