[MOD] (Alpha 8) Imperial Guard

Started by Armorer, December 16, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armorer

Quote from: Krantz86 on December 18, 2014, 04:04:57 PM
also i've noticed that combiweapons and conscript lasguns tend to "break" disappearing during the battles, is that intentional?
No, it's my fault. I fix it in the next release.

Berengar

Maybe just my fault, but i think the orcs are a bit too strong.
Besides, great mod^^

caesius

this mod + bloodpact mod would be coooool....

i think warhammer40k mod project is very cool and would be very epic.

if i had proper skills, i would do it by myself...

Vonholtz

I am kind of new to using mods and I am a fan of the WH 40K stuff. So I am running some 40K mods. I have JuliaEllie deep strike mad as well as this mod. So fare I like this mod.

So what I want to know is do I have a bug or do grots drop sandstone rocks when you kill them. And if they are why do they?

DaggettBeaver

Hey Armorer, i tested your Mod since i wanted some more factions, but i ran into something... umm.. strange.
I had this "crashed ship part" incident and usually when you attack that thing... well, mechanoids spawn. You can imagine i was quite surprised as a horde of orcs stormed out of the crashed ship part. So my question is: Is that intended?!? Did anybody else have this problem? I have a couple of other mods installed, but nothing that should alter the "crashed ship part incident"...

Vonholtz

Quote from: DaggettBeaver on January 25, 2015, 01:21:33 AM
Hey Armorer, i tested your Mod since i wanted some more factions, but i ran into something... umm.. strange.
I had this "crashed ship part" incident and usually when you attack that thing... well, mechanoids spawn. You can imagine i was quite surprised as a horde of orcs stormed out of the crashed ship part. So my question is: Is that intended?!? Did anybody else have this problem? I have a couple of other mods installed, but nothing that should alter the "crashed ship part incident"...
I have had the same thing. I think that is as intended. If you know any thing about Warhammer 40K thats how ork's get to other planets. They drop down in scrap star ships or hollowed out asteroids. I do not mind the orks or the mechanoids. But I would like to see it random one or the other. But both make it a bit hard. The fast attack ork's add in with the hard to kill mechs are hard to deal with at the same time. Also I am not sure it this was as intended or not but the ork's that come out of the ship part have no weapons. It might be the way it is in the 40K universe that they get to the new world and then have to get weapons. I seem to remember some thing like that in some of the lore. Or maybe it just a bug.

DaggettBeaver

yeah, i thought it could be intentional in regards to warhammer lore, but i agree that it would be a lot better if "Orcs land in a crashed ship part" would be a different event from "Mechanoids land in a crashed ship part". Especially since you could then change the text, since the wrong text is the most irritating part of that incident. (as well as the mix-up of orcs and mechs...)

SilverDragon

Maybe the orks were the reason why parts of that ship are falling on the ground in the first place? ;D "WAAAGH c'mon boys, rip it apart for more bits, we gots a proper fight comin' so get all the dakka!"

Vonholtz

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 02:35:17 PM
Maybe the orks were the reason why parts of that ship are falling on the ground in the first place? ;D "WAAAGH c'mon boys, rip it apart for more bits, we gots a proper fight comin' so get all the dakka!"
Yep I agree. "hayz wwhat'z thiz red button for?"....."Redz one make it go fazter, push it"

Hey who here played orks in WH40k and did not feel it was a good battle less you have killed a few of your own boyz. LoL :o

Vonholtz

Love the mod. I hope it will be getting a alpha 9 update?

deadmeat5150

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 02:35:17 PM

Silver you should find a 40k game to do a series on.

Armorer

updated to alpha 9 link https://mega.co.nz/#!tQhXyLaT!cczstRwIO4YIwHjHdooGRui-aTIwYxrUIVb2iKaiEyw may be unbalanced, contained bugs, etc.
change log:
- fragment explosions from the combat realism mod
- textures from defend this colony mod, and 5x stronger walls
- add armored pawns that ignore incoming damage less than their armor value
- imperial stuff avaliable through imperial combat trader

this mod is not yet playable but you always can have fun in developer mode by making defence line and enemy assault force like this:

and remember to fight tanks you need special anti-tank weapon (like meltagun, autocannon turret, MissleLauncher with krack missle, anti-tank rifle or outflank  with vanilla sniper rifle)

Vonholtz

Nice to know your still working on it. We so need more 40K mods.  :)