[WIP] RimTroopers

Started by Viperlol, December 17, 2014, 01:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viperlol

Hello to everyone!

So at the moment im entirely new to modding, and even more so for modding Rim World. I have made a full set of textures for a storm trooper faction. At the moment I only have the very, very basic textures still in need of alot of love, attention, and detail. Unfortunately, I will most likely have practicaly no time to work on the .xml side of things, so I guess this mod is up for anyone willing to slap some code up for these armors to get them ingame.

Thanks for giving up your time to read this and doubling thanks if you take up this mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Berengar

Like the Idea!
Lets make a set out of it.
I create just for fun the helmeths.

(just download the pics)

StorymasterQ

But, won't they miss their shots all the time? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

CB elite

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 17, 2014, 09:12:09 PM
But, won't they miss their shots all the time? :D

The helmet should give an equipped stat offset of -100% accuracy :D

Viperlol

Wow Berengar, those textures are absolutely amazing! Il try to get them ingame sometime today

Viperlol

So i have run into my first issue, I have everything in the right folders, but the apparel does not appear in game. By that I mean I can not even find it using dev item spawning. If anyone can see an error in the .def please let me know, although in game the console shows no issues.

Berengar

Hrm on the first looks, everything looks fine^^
Will try it later.
But lats make an small comunety projekt out of it!
So thats next?
Maybe some star wars looking funiture? Or an rebel faction?
Or some hutta Bandits? With that big Pignoses!

Viperlol

A small community project would be great! It seems i was an idiot and forgot to upload the entire thing, good job me, so at the moment, they load in game but run into an error straight away saying that the unity.engine texture 2d rimtrooper armor (and helmet) could not be loaded from any active mod or in base resources. So if anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great!

Berengar

After an good hour of try and fail, i finaly find all errors.  ;D
Mostly small errors, when your want i write your an PM, and list them all. (so good i can on english)

When i got the time, i will later make an overall of all native weapons, and make star wars stuff out of them.
And ad the imperials as an neutral faction, so the player can decide, to work with, or against the all myghti empire.

Viperlol

Thank you so much Berengar, its amazing what you have done with this!

Berengar

No Problem, i got at the moment the time, so why not use it? ;)
Update.
Added an new scout Helmet, and some shoulderpats for the normal Rimtroopers.

PS: When someone wants to work on that mod, just say it!
Think an star wars overall will be damn epic.

Evul

Snow trooper uniform that can withstand cold terrain? :D

Berengar

Only when the rebelscum get that to!
I will take a look, maybe its posible that spezific pawns just spawn in an biome. Like the animals...