[MOD] (Alpha 8) Winter Wonderland (v1.0A8 updated: 17/12/14)

Started by elStrages, December 17, 2014, 06:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Description:
High ladies and gentlemen this is a small mod made to make Rimworld a Christmas wonderland. I have started to add in things and they are all constructed with 1 wood.  Everything so far I have added was a quick thing.
If you want anything added to the mod let me know!

Details:
Decoration Buildings:
- Christmas Tree - 1 wood - 100 beauty - needs power
- Red Present - 1 wood - 50 beauty
- Blur Present  - 1 wood - 50 beauty
- Green Present - 1 wood - 50 beauty
- Snowman - 1 wood - 25 beauty
- Candy Cane  - 1 wood - 50 beauty

Downlaod:
See Attachment.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Viperlol

A very nice little addition to Rimworld, thank you elStrages for another great mod.
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Igabod

If you could find a way to make these things only buildable in December and also make them self-destruct in January that would be really neat. I'm afraid that's going to require some real coding in a .dll file though. I suggest adding a menorah too. maybe a dreidel too. Might appeal to more people that way. I personally am an Atheist so I'm not very interested in any of that stuff. But I did consider making Christmas trees when I made my Pine tree for Alpha 7. Too many other interesting projects came up for me to get around to it though. Glad to see that someone got it done though. It's a fun little mod for those who do like to celebrate the holidays.

Oh! And another suggestion would be some snowball weapons. Just copy the handful of stones and give it a snowball texture pretty much. Deadly snowballs of humiliation. And of course no Christmas themed mod is complete without a Santa Hat and maybe some Fake Reindeer Antlers.

elStrages

rdwulfe

Quote from: Igabod on December 17, 2014, 07:08:16 AM
If you could find a way to make these things only buildable in December and also make them self-destruct in January that would be really neat. I'm afraid that's going to require some real coding in a .dll file though. I suggest adding a menorah too. maybe a dreidel too. Might appeal to more people that way. I personally am an Atheist so I'm not very interested in any of that stuff. But I did consider making Christmas trees when I made my Pine tree for Alpha 7. Too many other interesting projects came up for me to get around to it though. Glad to see that someone got it done though. It's a fun little mod for those who do like to celebrate the holidays.

Actually, my suggestion would be different. They should give +100 beauty in November and December, but -100 (or more!) any other month... Because who friggin' wants to see that stuff?!?!? :D And the guy who leaves his lights up all year round is a wacko. (Perhaps also a personality trait where they want to see that stuff all year round. Very rare.)

I would find that hilarious, personally.

elStrages

Quote from: rdwulfe on December 17, 2014, 07:59:58 AM
Quote from: Igabod on December 17, 2014, 07:08:16 AM

Actually, my suggestion would be different. They should give +100 beauty in November and December, but -100 (or more!) any other month... Because who friggin' wants to see that stuff?!?!? :D And the guy who leaves his lights up all year round is a wacko. (Perhaps also a personality trait where they want to see that stuff all year round. Very rare.)

I would find that hilarious, personally.

Seems a little Harsh haha I will look into the month system an see what I can do, I'm not sure about the negative thing as it would be asking people t put up and take down all the items they place in game, but the positive effect only over Nov and Dec is a good idea.

john pretzel

Very cute mod! Congrats!  ;D ;D

The idea to make it available in december is an excellent idea, from Igabod.

elStrages

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 12:55:53 PM
Very cute mod! Congrats!  ;D ;D

The idea to make it available in december is an excellent idea, from Igabod.
Thanks I am focused on my other MOD Cybernetic Storm at the moment but hopefully I will get around to looking at it tomorrow!