Fences

Started by Naddox, November 07, 2013, 10:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naddox

I think ti would be pretty nice to have metal fences in the game. maybe several types of fences even. E.g. Wire fence, solid metal fence, wire fence wouldn't provide cover while the other would. Neither would build roof.

Produno

I like the idea of fences. Keep the boomrats and squirrels out :). Apparently barbed wire is already in the game, just not activated.

ShootyFace

Fences would be a nice addition, basically very cheap walls with very little HP. It would be cool if we could hook them up to our power grid to not only keep critters and raiders out, but to make assaulting them painful if not deadly.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

constrictor5

That actually sounds pretty cool. Electric fences could be very good for a cheap barrier to keep out undesirables.

Naddox

The electric fence idea is a great idea!

Produno

But what happens when a boomrat comes in contact with one... BOOM?? :)

Antares [UK]

Nice idea. I was also thinking about patrol walls (to become available under later researches), but not entirely sure if that would really fit in the RimWorld environment. Nonetheless, having at least some fences would be great.

ShootyFace

Quote from: Antares [UK] on November 08, 2013, 09:24:16 AM
Nice idea. I was also thinking about patrol walls (to become available under later researches), but not entirely sure if that would really fit in the RimWorld environment. Nonetheless, having at least some fences would be great.

In the best of all possible worlds, yes, they would explode on contact. Things like muffalo and raiders would avoid them, though. Raiders might try to blow holes in them to get to what's beyond, but the main idea would be having a cheap line of defense for early game.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Involved

I'd really like a fence. Even if it performs exactly like a wall, having it look like a fence would mean a lot to me. It's strange to have to use walls, for non-buildings I mean, bared wire or something like it makes much more sense.
Thank you Tynan for creating a game of my dreams. Let's all help make Rimworld the best it can be!