[MOD] (Alpha 8) Guns+ (v2.1)

Started by Hunter712, December 17, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter712

Guns+ is a small gun modification that adds several vanilla-friendly guns to RimWorld's armaments!

1920 Thompson

A short to mid range submachine gun that fires just a few more bullets than an LMG but is much weaker in comparison.

Carbine

A mid to long range rifle that allows the handler to fire in a rather quick succession but lacks the firepower of a long-ranged sniper.

M78 Grenade Launcher

A short to mid range grenade launcher capable of firing grenades faster and further than you can throw them, however the pipe bombs remain a tad weaker than their thrown counterparts.

.357 Revolver

Stronger than a pistol with some range to boot, this variant sure isn't lacking in the firepower department, however the only thing keeping it down is its firerate.

C-31 Blaster
Accompanied by decent damage and some fairly nice range, this gun makes it a favorite for those mid to long-range fights, only drawback is that it fires a tad slower than most charged rifles.

R-70 Mini
A close to mid-range charged SMG that fires a burst of 6 shots per round though the handling is rather difficult.

B-17 Charge Scope
A high-power long ranged charge sniper rifle capable of dispatching enemies from an incredible distance with the fire-rate being its only drawback.

Downloads (v2.1)
OlasOnline (Recommended)
MediaFire

Changes
(V2.1) - Sound changes, added charged weapons, added trigger to revolver graphic, reduced size of Thompson barrel grip.

Visitor000

nice guns. this mod adds the lorefriendly weaponry I need. so thank you
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

noahdaorkyboy

maybe you could add a few more ww2 and ww1 weapons... and also maybe think up some more futuristic weapons. i love the art style for these, though. they look like they fit so well!

Hunter712

Quote from: noahdaorkyboy on December 18, 2014, 12:21:31 AM
maybe you could add a few more ww2 and ww1 weapons... and also maybe think up some more futuristic weapons. i love the art style for these, though the look like they fit so well!

Already on it, have a few ideas for some more 'charge-like' weapons.

One particular one that I'm working on, basically a high-power close to mid range two-round burst rifle.

zekew11

love the art, love the vanilla-ness, love the guns. keep this up.

Vas

Spartan Laser!  Battle Rifle (3 rounds per shot)! 50 cal Sniper!  Mounted 50 cal sniper (manned turret, kinda anti tank)!

Plasma Grenades!  That mini nuke thing from Starship Troopers!  C4!  Claymore!

Energy Sword!  Tessaiga!

There's some good weapon ideas.  xP
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

elStrages

This would be great added into the Armoury MOD. but i understand if you want to be separate.

Dead_End_Road

Can you add the P90 with high RoF mid damage and range?

Hunter712

Quote from: Dead_End_Road on December 18, 2014, 08:58:00 AM
Can you add the P90 with high RoF mid damage and range?

I have an idea for a charge SMG with similar stats.

EDIT: V2 is out!

Drone

This is a really well made and well drawn mod. Most weapons mods don't actually capture the stock art style so visibly stand out from it. Well done dude.

noahdaorkyboy

Quote from: elStrages on December 18, 2014, 07:37:16 AM
This would be great added into the Armoury MOD. but i understand if you want to be separate.
because he is going for quality over quantity. im not saying pa is bad but the "textures" of the weapons are not the best. i hope hunter continues with quality weapons, and stays his own mod.

Hunter712

Quote from: noahdaorkyboy on December 18, 2014, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: elStrages on December 18, 2014, 07:37:16 AM
because he is going for quality over quantity. im not saying pa is bad but the "textures" of the weapons are not the best. i hope hunter continues with quality weapons, and stays his own mod.

That's what I'm intending on doing, I'd like to keep my mod separate from the others instead of being thrown into a mixed-pack of 30+ other guns. I want to keep it separately available for people who're just as snobby as I am about vanilla textures.

That, and I also don't want to keep it bloated with millions of other guns like AKs and the dozens of other modernized weapons that people have already suggested to me :P

Evul

Xfortran

Check the download link please.  (it loads a mediafire login/signup page)

Hunter712

Quote from: Xfortran on December 19, 2014, 12:07:46 AM
Check the download link please.  (it loads a mediafire login/signup page)

Should be working, 59 people already downloaded it but I put up a new link just incase.