[MOD] (Alpha 8) Guns+ (v2.1)

Started by Hunter712, December 17, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xfortran

Yep works now.  I got it to work earlier but I had to edit the url  (removed the [/url at the end, figured it out after I posted about the link)

Hunter712

I've uploaded a new main link,Mediafire will act as the alternative.

Halinder

Thanks a bunch for this mod, it really helps to make open colonies possible with the new array of weapons allowing for far more tactical approaches. Watching grenades launch down alleys while any runners get picked off by charge shot rifles is a beautiful thing.

Loki88

I love this mod! Would you consider adding a charged version of the carbine? perhaps a plasma carbine? It just feels like it's missing because I'm finding the blasters to be a bit too lethal for colony growth purposes :p (14 colonists with blasters kill everything in front of them :P )

Hunter712

Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 01:41:24 PM
I love this mod! Would you consider adding a charged version of the carbine? perhaps a plasma carbine? It just feels like it's missing because I'm finding the blasters to be a bit too lethal for colony growth purposes :p (14 colonists with blasters kill everything in front of them :P )

Perhaps, but I can't promise anything, I feel like the blaster covers the purpose of a carbine while being its own unique gun at the same time.

Loki88

Quote from: Hunter712 on December 30, 2014, 04:44:19 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

Perhaps, but I can't promise anything, I feel like the blaster covers the purpose of a carbine while being its own unique gun at the same time.

I guess you'd call it a less lethal blaster for taking prisoners with? Either way if you do make it, awesome! If not then thank you for the consideration at least. (It's one of the two guns I feel would make this mod perfect imho, your textures are brilliant and it's not so many guns that it's overwhelming to remember what does what)

Mihsan

I like the idea of this mod (very lore-friendly and it has right ammount and type of new weapons), But IMO a few things spoil everything:
1) Firing sounds are bad (too loud and just wrong) for carbine and .357 revolver
2) Some weapons are OP as hell: grenade launcher and thompson
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Loki88

Quote from: Mihsan on January 01, 2015, 04:38:23 PM
I like the idea of this mod (very lore-friendly and it has right ammount and type of new weapons), But IMO a few things spoil everything:
1) Firing sounds are bad (too loud and just wrong) for carbine and .357 revolver

I like the carbine sound :( it reminds me of a Ruger mini 14, it is louder than vanilla but the sound itself is good.

Hunter712

Quote from: Mihsan on January 01, 2015, 04:38:23 PM

I don't really have much of a wide array of sounds available to me, so I'm working with what I have and can find.

The grenade launcher is intended to be as strong as it is however I'm most likely going to decrease the accuracy next update, it's meant to be reliably strong but also dangerous to both you and your enemies (Friendly fire, structure damage.)

The thompson is meant as an upgrade from the uzi, I believe it serves this purpose well with doing 1 more damage (Uzi does 4, thompson does 5) and having a larger clip (Which makes sense for the thompson.) It does much less damage than the LMG (LMG does 8 ) but fires three more bullets than the LMG. It also has less range then the LMG, better accuracy at touch distance but near same at short, medium, and long.

Grizzlyadamz

Psst, hey hunter, check yer messages!

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Timber

Clean simple textures. Love it! Do more.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

RookE5

Nice work! Is it save to use your mod among other mods that add weapons?

ZeeOvenfresh

Quote from: RookE5 on January 24, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
Nice work! Is it save to use your mod among other mods that add weapons?
I use this Guns+ with the Rimfire mod and they work perfectly together so id say its safe.
"How did you get into my house?"
-Morgan Freeman

Cibi

Have you thought about making a charge-type pistol. Still lacking that.