[WIP] Meds Galore!

Started by general222291, December 29, 2014, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general222291

Hi,

Welcome to my mod page of hopefully-not-suffering-because-of-low-C#-knowledge. Anyway, Meds Galore will be a mod based around, you guessed it, medicine! Well, maybe not limited to just different coloured vanilla medicine, but I will focus on variety!

The mod
Meds galore will focus on adding many medical substances to Rimworld. Unlike many great medical mods, for example https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5450.0 (Apothecarius Eight), Meds Galore will focus on new medical content, unlike constructing vanilla medical substances.   

Changelog
(Development) v0.01 - Created mod folder structure
(Development) v0.02 - Created 'About' XML file
(Development) v0.05 - Added first substance 'Extract 42' (test substance to help development)

To do list
Add 3 basic substances (listed below)

Know bugs
My lack of C# (No idea what to do with .dll files :P)

Future development list
Pharmacist trader
Illegal drugs trader
Exotic pharmacist trader
Addiction system

3 basic substances
The substances I am planning for the mod to release in pre-alpha will be the first of each category. By category, I mean use and effect of the substance (these categories will all be expanded into sub-categories), these are the substances and categories planned, with many more to come:

1. Drug -> Legal -> Exotic -> Non-addictive -> Tootoxx
Tootoxx is a herbal substance that is only grown in high temperatures and light exposure, it is fast acting and naturally expands the blood cells, it will prevent blood-loss for a short period of time. The bud is squeezed and the liquid is refined into tablets via the substance refinery. Be aware that the blood-cell expansion can cause migraines in some colonists (poor vision, medium pain, severe mood debuf) and weakened blood filtration!

2. Drug -> Illegal -> Non-exotic -> Non-Addictive -> Cineology (aka 'sins')
'Sins' is an illegal drug that out of control around many solar-systems because of how easy it is to grow. 'Sins' is a plant that doesn't need photosynthesis to create its energy, just a temperature around 15 degrees with a water supply and it will grow like a garden weed. No refining is needed for use! The drug changes the way the brain reacts to the emotion care, meaning users will get a buzz from having a mass animal hunt and murder of an enemy. The substance is illegal in most grow-able places due to the population illegally hunting. Side effects usually appear after the positive effect wares off, these side effects include exhaustion and weakened consciousness!

3. Drug -> Legal steroid -> Non-exotic -> Non-addictive -> Renses
Renses is a movement enhancing steroid capable of strengthening the lower body by the dense liquid getting stuck around the leg and foot area, then absorbed. The steroid is an industrial-produced substance so home-production will be impossible. When injected, the user will become severely poor at walking for a short period of time until the substance gets absorbed by the cells. Side effects are rare but can include random short-lasting walking fits that incapacitate the user for a while, and if some of the substance manages to be pumped to the heart, the organ may temporarily suffer! 

How you can help
Any help will be appreciated, from textures to .ddl's to basic instructions for what to do, and of course, suggestions! But really, any help would be very, very, very appreciated because I am only 13 and my computing class is not at the stage were we learn the kind off stuff needed, I learn that in some of my spare time. Thank you!

Note - This blog will be updated very-regularly!

Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Match

Just bouncing some ideas here, not sure if they are feasible though.

Specialized medicine for infections. Take 'plague' for instance, on earth this is often known as the bubonic plague, and is caused by the bacteria Y. pestis and for the successful treatment of bacterial diseases would require some form of antibiotics. Just as anti-virals, such as interfuron, would be used to treat viral infections like the flu.

This could lead to some specialized events, where you're researcher will need to research the illness before being able to tell if its viral/bacterial/fungal/prion/etc. The drawback would be that giving the wrong medication to a colonist would in someway make the illness progress faster. (Not sure how this could be written... maybe an affect on blood filtration?)

Some additional things worth pondering, anti-depressants (SSRI's) for colonist with the depressive/pessimist trait. Anti-anxiety meds(Benzodiazapines) to treat the nervous trait, and Anti-manic meds to nullify the neurotic trait.

general222291

Quote from: Match on December 30, 2014, 01:57:47 AM
Just bouncing some ideas here, not sure if they are feasible though.

Specialized medicine for infections. Take 'plague' for instance, on earth this is often known as the bubonic plague, and is caused by the bacteria Y. pestis and for the successful treatment of bacterial diseases would require some form of antibiotics. Just as anti-virals, such as interfuron, would be used to treat viral infections like the flu.

This could lead to some specialized events, where you're researcher will need to research the illness before being able to tell if its viral/bacterial/fungal/prion/etc. The drawback would be that giving the wrong medication to a colonist would in someway make the illness progress faster. (Not sure how this could be written... maybe an affect on blood filtration?)

Some additional things worth pondering, anti-depressants (SSRI's) for colonist with the depressive/pessimist trait. Anti-anxiety meds(Benzodiazapines) to treat the nervous trait, and Anti-manic meds to nullify the neurotic trait.
That's a very good idea but I think it is too much for me to handle at the minute, maybe in a full release update? Task noted anyway, thanks!
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Lightbulb500

Very interested to see where you go with this!