[WIP] Innerworlds

Started by unifex, December 18, 2014, 06:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unifex

Hi all,

Firstly, its close to my first post, so thankyou to Ty the developer for a great codebase and great game. Very impressive for an alpha release and shows a distinct focus on quality, which is awesome. The deliberate focus on being able to mod the game is awesome too, very nice move, and its been done well.

The game impressed me so much I've embarked on a tragic and retro embark back into c# and vector graphics, both of which I love and am bad at.

Here's some initial screenshots:

I'm hoping to make a story teller that tells my story, and I can control events. At the moment, its just a graphics overlay on the classic one.

The start of a herbal system, I've played around with the StarSapphire orchid and some new fungi. The new Fungi class only grows in the dark.

Still working on the factions and backstory. The Golmaki and Grimlock are added at the moment, but very rough. Defining a new BodyType made me cower in the corner for 42 minutes.

My new research tree requires I overwrite the Core mod.

Some Daedalus initial buildings.

The mycology centre and some plassfoam bunkers. Fiddlings. Torn between fantasy and sci-fi.

The aether vent and hell vent are the red and blue things respectively, similar to steam geysers. Not of much use yet, though you can put an Aethercap on the aether vent (there is a map condition for the aethervent to make it appear). There are black stika mushrooms now that can make a poisonous meal. A Randy-level shitburger. I figured there was not enough support out there for the sadomasochistic community (always left out!), or it might be used to kill prisoners kindly (with hands-off stabby damage). Its really just an experiment in food.

Also the green and blue slimes (the latter are better adapted for cold environments, and their leather should be better for that), and the three tiers of sentry gun and manned sentry gun.

unifex

The URL for the source is:

https://github.com/calmhorizons/innerworlds

You'll need Gradle if you want to build it, and Inkscape to edit the SVG images, and GIMP to refine them. Or commercial variants of those. I need to work on how best to overlay the core mod so I can work in research project changes etc.

Edit: overriding stuff.

Dragoon

This looks very promising :D i'll be following this can't wait to test it out!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

JuliaEllie

Theres no problem with borrowing the Cryptohax mod :) Have fun.
A pm would have been nice though ;)

unifex

Sorry about that, I posted on your mod thread briefly and was essentially offering the images and any changes for that bit back if you want. I'd like to do some kind of detonated and linked mines at some stage but that was to help me get familiar (which it did nicely ty). Really just a small tweak in the buildings that were enumerated over, minor smoke puff change and increased the timer a bit (also everything in my mod is just metal and wood for testing atm :) I can clean up the repository.

I'm was thinking about attempting to have a fiddle with making overriding the Core a little easier and not needing to distribute an overlay or something like that i.e. changing certain properties of the research and buildings when the mod initialises versus redefining all of them in mod XML files (maintaining the XML diffs might get to be painful over time).

JuliaEllie

Oh Im sorry I didnt see your post in the original topic. If you still let me I will gladly use your graphics :)

unifex

Ofc, please do,  you've done the bulk of the hard work so that's the least I can do. I was a bit cavalier because I thought it was a tutorial mod but I'll update my credits soon.

I've committed a bit more now and will try and maintain a feature list. It won't make sense to maintain those charges in two spots, so I'll remove em from here. I try to keep all the mods (having said that, its merging into one mod I think, not really gaining much from modularity atm) playable, and I'm trying to make sure I do a solid playthrough based on my changes to playtest them. That said, everything is probably unbalanced at the moment, though I'm tuning it as I go.

Having trouble with my dark shroud (or my little paperings on top of someone else's Eclipse :p), and getting the resurrected wraiths to be hostile to my colonists off the bat. They are aggressive I think, if in close proximity. Might be the thought tree or mix of human/mech. Will sit down to look at the body system. :(

unifex

Made some changes:

* Removed the iw-armoury-mines mod now the bits have been integrated back into JuEl's mod
* Added aether vent and hell vent - like steam geysers, with slightly different emitters and use cases. Not much implemented.
* Added green and blue slimes with their own bodies. Fairly basic, just like a snake, but the blue leather should be good for cold climates. Modified the biomes to spawn these.
* Added three tiers of turrets and mannable turrets based on research into military
* Added the black stika fungi for poison meals
* Added two skill defs for Daedalic and Xenite research. Not much behind those yet.
* Added three mycomedicines
* Fungi pot
* Dark shroud event - should resurrect any dead colonists to deadly shades
* Aether event - should spawn an aether vent. There is an Aethercap that can built on it, but it doesn't do anything yet. They will eventually spawn different beasts, or can be harnessed for two different types of energy.
* Padded leather variants of the leather armour for cold climates
* Mineable gallanium (hard to mine, little yield)
* Vishysoire (definitely the wrong spelling lol. the french potato and leek soup)
* Mushroom soup
* Changed license to a CC non-commercial attribution one