Add a date for easyer search of mods

Started by 897zua, December 12, 2014, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

897zua

Adding a date to the forums ,like when was it added cause it would make it easier for people to find mods for new alphas.
Like searching by date not by last post and etc.

skullywag

Modders are putting the targeted alpha number in the subject...not sure what youre getting at.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

iame6162013

Quote from: skullywag on December 12, 2014, 12:44:14 PM
Modders are putting the targeted alpha number in the subject...not sure what youre getting at.
i think he means that it would be nice to not have alpha 7 mods in your view or something
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

897zua

Quote from: skullywag on December 12, 2014, 12:44:14 PM
Basically  I want to be able to see when and for witch alpha there released, because if im not mistaking older mods that get an update they are poped back at the start while completed mods just go back in rows of other mods and you normaly don't reach them
For an example:
Project armory was started on February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM  And at the moment  is the first mod you see when you go in releases. While the mod Refrigeration was released October on 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM and at moment is at page 5. Because it was released so much later I think there should be a search option witch is by date when was there first release (so that people can keep an easy track on mods and what they want to install)

Igabod

why do you care when the mod was started? If it's in the Releases section it works for the current version or the previous version and generally says Alpha 7 or Alpha 8 in the title so you know which version it is compatible with. The reason Project Armory was on the top of the forum board at that moment was because it was the most recently commented on thread. It also happens to be one of the most recently updated mods today as well. If you want an easier time seeing all of the mods that are working for the current alpha of the game then go to The Unofficial Mod List which I maintain on a daily basis. Every mod for Alpha 8 is added to that list almost as soon as it is posted. And they are all in alphabetical order so it is easy to find a particular one you like.

Wex

What it will be really useful, is a link with the previous versions of the mod. I mean, for those who didn't upgrade to alpha 8.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Igabod

Quote from: Wex on December 18, 2014, 02:27:50 AM
What it will be really useful, is a link with the previous versions of the mod. I mean, for those who didn't upgrade to alpha 8.

A lot of mods do have a link to previous versions up on the Original post. And if they don't then I bet you can message the maker of the mod and ask for the version you need. I still have all of my previous versions laying around on dropbox, even the ones for which I removed the links on the OP (because of major bugs in them).

skullywag

A point on this. You wont be able to get previous versions of my mods (from me at least) i dont feel as a mod i should be hanging around on old versions of the game and feel it stagnates development. Once the game is released at that point old versions will be feature changes so will stick around but base code support wont be an issue then so itll work. So for clarity, only latest alpha mods available from me until release then there might be versioning. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

897zua

Quote from: Igabod on December 18, 2014, 02:26:05 AM
why do you care when the mod was started? If it's in the Releases section it works for the current version or the previous version and generally says Alpha 7 or Alpha 8 in the title so you know which version it is compatible with. The reason Project Armory was on the top of the forum board at that moment was because it was the most recently commented on thread. It also happens to be one of the most recently updated mods today as well. If you want an easier time seeing all of the mods that are working for the current alpha of the game then go to The Unofficial Mod List which I maintain on a daily basis. Every mod for Alpha 8 is added to that list almost as soon as it is posted. And they are all in alphabetical order so it is easy to find a particular one you like.

Because sometimes you have installed a mod already and you don't want to read them all again till you reach the ones you haven't read and you just want to see the newest mods. And your list is alphabetic based and not time based so you need to read all the mods before you find the ones you haven't seen