[Mod idea] Battlefield first-aid

Started by Facepunch, January 19, 2016, 09:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

Well, I'm a fan of combat realism, because of exactly that: Combat realism. However, I think it could have been taken a step further. I want tactical treatment on the battlefield. If you get shot in the heart, you're instantly unconscious (Due to a sudden and large drop in blood pressure), and you bleed out in less than a minute. I want the bleeding rates to be drastically increased, but, every pawn able to perform battlefield medicine, to basically decrease the bleeding rate of injuries. Maybe have specific pawns, even, dedicated to treatment of battlefield injuries, who have to carry a firstaid kit. There's a whole host of options to do with this, saline, quikclot, packing bandages, etc. I think it's an interesting idea, although it would definitely be very hard to pull off entirely.

Tatte

~Tatte~

Britnoth

You can already do this in the vanilla game.

Make a sleeping spot next to where they fell.

Turn it into a medical sleeping spot.

Rescue the pawn so they get carried to said sleeping spot.

Select treat pawn.

You can use a stockpile and force haul to have pawns bring meds out into the field. There is already code to have pawns pick up extra meals and store them in their inventory for later, so this could be adapted so they pick up spare medicine as well....? Otherwise.. not sure what you are suggesting.

Facepunch

The current injury system is unrealistic. I've seen pawns take shots to both their lungs (Didnt destroy either), and kept fighting. In reality, that would have been a double TPT, and they would have died without immediate first aid. Ive also seen pawns walk off taking shrapnel to the heart, another thing that would require immediate first aid to save. Combat Realism alleviates this a little, but not really to a realistic level. I'm talking, I want there to be a need to have pawns on the field, because your rifleman will bleed out before he makes it back to your hospital, and receives treatment there. To expand on this, field dressings maybe only slow blood loss, which introduces the need for things like saline, which would reduce the blood loss effect, maybe saving their life, but would damage their immunity gain, temporarily.

Sir Luther

yes and as you discussing about battlefield aid,special serum should be add such as
regenerative serum or maybe put super serum and make your colonist a captain america

Headshotkill

Still, I strongly doubt if suddenly your heart ruptured you would survive, even while you are in the hospital, even on the operation table, already prepared for surgery, with the best doctors, completly sterile,...

It's just not very likely you would survive, unless they would hook you up a machine to take over the function of your heart while you wait for a donor. That should be in the game btw.

Sir Luther

real life diseased should also be in the game like when you get hit by a knife you have chance to caught the tetanus B virus and the colonist can get malaria