[MOD] (Alpha 9) RTG's (Power Source) v1.11

Started by ItchyFlea, December 18, 2014, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

You might be able to make the graphic Selectable Itchy.  I seen it done once before.  So once the building is built, the user can cycle through some graphics on the item.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

byondtester

Could you be more specific in regards to how much power it generates?

Loki88

Quote from: byondtester on December 24, 2014, 02:11:33 PM
Could you be more specific in regards to how much power it generates?

In RL they only produce a few hundred watts, although the soviets did make larger ones fueled by strontium-90 instead of the usual plutonium-238 that were large enough to power remote lighthouses.

In game they produce a constant 750w

Loki88

Would you consider adding an ASRG to this as an extremely expensive researchable upgrade to this? NASA is working on them right now to replace the RTGs they currently use saying they're about 4x as efficient.

Libertha

For some reason it will keep saying not connected to power while it clearly is:

[attachment deleted due to age]

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Libertha on December 27, 2014, 02:07:01 PM
For some reason it will keep saying not connected to power while it clearly is:
Maybe there is a break in your conduit line that you can't see in this screenshot.

Quote from: Loki88 on December 25, 2014, 11:16:34 AM
Would you consider adding an ASRG to this as an extremely expensive researchable upgrade to this? NASA is working on them right now to replace the RTGs they currently use saying they're about 4x as efficient.
Sure.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ded1

no he is right, even when connected to your electrical system, it always says its not.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Ded1 on December 27, 2014, 03:52:14 PM
no he is right, even when connected to your electrical system, it always says its not.
I never noticed that before. Will see what I can do.

EDIT: It was the battery component causing it. I've removed it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Loki88

Quote from: Ded1 on December 27, 2014, 03:52:14 PM

It seems to be the battery portion of this saying it's not connected. the power gen still works though but I don't think the power storage is working as intended. Removing the ability to store power from its xml seems to fix the problem but defeats the purpose of having it able to store power (maybe it doesn't like being connected to transmit power twice?)

ItchyFlea

And a new version is up.

New version adds an ASRG, which can only be built after completing the related research. Produces 500w more power than an RTG and is 3x3 in size instead of 2x2.
I've removed the battery component to get rid of the annoying 'Not connected to power' message. Although this probably means that the RTG's will no longer cause the conduit explosion event.
I've also bumped up the steel cost slightly on the RTG. Now it need 120 Steel, before it was 80.

Loki88

YES! You're awesome ItchyFlea! Thanks for adding the ASRG, the RTG didn't feel like it had quite enough power (which makes sense since in reality they really don't)

jacob814

Did you not read my post about the texture I created on page one? I would like at least a reply saying you saw it.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

ItchyFlea

Quote from: jacob814 on December 28, 2014, 05:12:59 PM
Did you not read my post about the texture I created on page one? I would like at least a reply saying you saw it.
I have put it in the mod as the texture for the ASRG and given you credit in the OP about it.
Your post is also why I increased the metal cost a bit.

gagaeuh

Great mod for a great game ! But the traders don't seem to sell uranium. They sell artistic goods made of uranium but not uranium itself. Is this normal ?

Loki88

Quote from: gagaeuh on December 28, 2014, 05:50:46 PM
Great mod for a great game ! But the traders don't seem to sell uranium. They sell artistic goods made of uranium but not uranium itself. Is this normal ?

The bulk goods traders carry it sometimes. It seems to be fairly rare in this alpha. Also after you've opened one of the capsules you can claim it and disassemble it for a bit of uranium.