Xerigum: What use is it?

Started by Listy, December 19, 2014, 03:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

The Question is simple, it fails to be of any use that I can see, as it doesn't enable you to add body parts under aesthetic.

I suppose (hope) it can be used to treat ailments and illnesses, otherwise its rather lacking.

Equally One question I have, if it does have some use, will the doctors use it before using more powerful medicine? Or will they bit a bit stupid like with meals, especially packaged survival meals? Where a colonist will hike for hours to eat a survival meal, get nothing done in a day and get negative morale effects from eating off the ground, instead of eating from the massive stock of simple meals in the fridge next to the table.

Cimanyd

It can be used to heal, but it's only used after normal medicine so you have to forbid the normal medicine and only unforbid it for operations if you want to use the herbal and save the normal.

It's still somewhat useful. It's better than healing someone without medicine entirely, since (like normal medicine) it can heal multiple little wounds at once, so you can use it to heal prisoners faster without wasting normal medicine.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

tommonius

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 19, 2014, 03:35:36 AM
It can be used to heal, but it's only used after normal medicine so you have to forbid the normal medicine and only unforbid it for operations if you want to use the herbal and save the normal.

It's still somewhat useful. It's better than healing someone without medicine entirely, since (like normal medicine) it can heal multiple little wounds at once, so you can use it to heal prisoners faster without wasting normal medicine.

heya thanks for this as I had no idea. I got a supply drop of herbal medicine, is it made out of Xerigum and how do I make it into medicine, which crafting table would I use if any?

Cyclops

You can't turn it into medicine, as far as I know. Xerigium automatically transforms into herbal medicine when harvested.

On a side suggestion, I'd like the ability to simply use Herbal medicine on prisoners. Maybe a checkbox or something akin to it to differentiate between the two types of medicines.

christhekiller

Xerigum just turns into medicine after its harvested. There's no crafting process after that. I believe your colonists would use herbal medicine on prisoners if there was no other non-forbidden medicine on the map. I do know they'll use it on themselves if you forbid your regular medicine. Also, with herbal medicine the chance of a good quality treatment is lower as well.

tommonius

thanks for the response, I appreciate it  :)

Amaror

Also you will most likely be able to use it for operations and such in the next alpha. It just requires a lot of code to be changed, so tynan didn't get it into alpha 8.