Best way to capture raiders?

Started by Cassey, November 07, 2013, 11:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Seems guns are good for killing, less so for capturing.

Any suggestions on how to capture at least 1 raider per raid?  How about 2-3?  How about all of them? <evil smile>

Thanks

Kender

Maybe you can bait all of them in to a big cave with a lot of sleeping places, then seal the cave with a door, then turn the cave in to a prison. ...
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Lechai

I have a plan for this, will let you know how it goes...  ;)

Dragula

Melee is supposed to increase the chance of  incapacitating someone. I haven't noticed much of it yet, just been lucky I guess, 14 colonist and 1 in prison.
Also, once you see a raider go down try to cease fire and hope they don't kill him.

Comrade Suhov

I lure them inside my base, let them break the main entrance and then I send all my colonists to attack them in melee. It's more risky to melee in the wild because of enemies with long-range rifles may sometimes one-shot your colonists.

Sky_walker

Yea.
Kill most of them, and than send all of the colonists to brawl the remains.
Melee combat gives you higher chances to simply incapacitate an attacker and later capture him. (I wish though that the difference would be much higher than it was last time I played)
Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

Cassey

Quote from: Dragula on November 08, 2013, 12:37:40 AM
Melee is supposed to increase the chance of  incapacitating someone. I haven't noticed much of it yet, just been lucky I guess, 14 colonist and 1 in prison.
Also, once you see a raider go down try to cease fire and hope they don't kill him.

I like that idea, in concept, but in practice its one going down and six more still shooting at you.  Still, be nice if you could put the game AI into "capture, not kill" mode - but suppose that would make it too easy.

Sky_walker

As I said - first kill most, than try to melee remains.
Not the other way around. ;)
Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

Kender

Quote... Still, be nice if you could put the game AI into "capture, not kill" mode ....

It would be a nice option, especially when there are casualties on our side, and we need fresh blood.

But sooner or later, we gonna ends up being slave hunters and 'farming' the those raiders. : D
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

W1Z25

if you manage to starve them out they will leave the raiders and just wander.. so try to capture them in a trap and wait them out

Goldberger

Would be nice if there was a stun gun that increases the chances ;) Ranged one and a melee one with increased chance.