[Request/Idea] Necromancy!

Started by scumbag, December 19, 2014, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scumbag

Hey guys, this is my first post. My name is Scumbag, but I'm really a nice person. I just talk a lot of trash for the fun of it. :P I'm glad to be part of this beautiful community, and look forward to seeing RimWorld bloom into the glorious game it is destined to be.
Enough about me.. On to the mod idea.

Necromancy!
This mod would add the ability to harvest limbs from fallen enemies and even friendly colonists, to create undead slaves who do your bidding!

Now, this could get OP quickly. There must be some limitations put in place.

1. Requires one of every body part (limbs/organs). On harvesting there should be a success/failure chance based on the medical skill.
2. A chance that your creation could turn against the colony when resurrected based on the medical skill.
3. The risen dead are quite lacking in the brain department. They can't use guns, and they can't do complex tasks like research and doctoring. They would be limited to mining, hauling, and melee weapons (or no weapons at all depending on how tough they are and how hard they hit).
4. The undead are very easy to piss off. If you have any colonists with the Abrasive trait or similar, keep them away from the undead.
5. Having undead workers around puts people on edge. -2 mood effect for every undead worker you have, within a certain range. This would encourage making a slaving camp far from your home base.
6. Undead workers, like any other normal human being.. have to eat. They only eat harvested organs, or raw animal meat.
7. Necromancers Scepter: A weapon that can be held by a Warden to control the undead. It would increase working speed of your undead minions by 20%.

Well, there's my idea. I hope one of you beautiful modders out there pick up on it. I think it would be a great addition to the game. I can try to do some texture work for the mod. The coding is where I would require the skills of someone experienced in the matter.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think. Let me know if there's anything that should be added.

Thanks!
-scumbag
Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not. - David Thorne (http://www.27bslash6.com/)

gpac1231

This is a great idea! I would take it up if I had any skills. :)

scumbag

Quote from: gpac1231 on December 19, 2014, 06:55:58 PM
This is a great idea! I would take it up if I had any skills. :)

Thanks, appreciate it. I really hope someone takes up this idea! I don't feel like modding a new game, I already have so much under my belt as far as Oblivion and Minecraft mods go. I just don't have the time to learn a new game.
Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated "I am interested in your nipples" or not. - David Thorne (http://www.27bslash6.com/)

scumbag

Emrys321

I love the idea and tried to contact rawcode about updating his mod to alpha 8 but no response https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5224.0

I even made a post about the idea https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8510.0

After messaging the idea to the author of Cybernetic Storm (elStrages) It turns out that a kind of mod like this would be impossible due to the new body system. Since the moment you revive the person, if that person is missing a heart they will die the moment they revive.

Cybernetic Storm and Extended Surgery and Bionics could work to replace the missing parts of the dead person but that would require even more modding to enable which has its own thread here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7704.0

So after all of the messaging i've done i think i give up.

millenium

combine zombie apocolypse and slavers mod for this.

Emrys321

Quote from: millenium on March 17, 2015, 04:36:53 PM
combine zombie apocolypse and slavers mod for this.

Justin the creator of the zombie mod was working on a mod like this dunno when hes gonna be done it though.

Giraffe

Quote from: Emrys321 on December 29, 2014, 11:40:52 PM
... the moment you revive the person, if that person is missing a heart they will die the moment they revive.

So... give them a heart? lol
Just kidding, I'm not going to pretend to know what goes into a mod like this, but it would be cool if you could incorporate bionics for any parts that were missing, or use AI cores to unlock certain functions etc.

Emrys321

Haha too bad you can't "just" give them a heart because as soon as a pawn dies they become a object.

RawCode

In order to implement this mod properly in current version, some modifications to core methods are required, to hook some events and prevent them from changing internal state of pawn object.

In other cases ugly things will happen and most of time will be wasted on workarounds.

There are multiple methods to do this, including mono debugger API and plain memory hacks.

Sadly, every of them require c++ and understanding of monoruntime internals.

As soon as i get viable results, i will provide community an option to modify game code at runtime, this will allow "everything" including wild suggestions about wh40k and turn based combat.

GinosissBR

meldrian

I don't know about this. Since RimWorld is a futuristic game, Necromancy seems kind of wrong placed. Captain Future meets Game of Throne Style.
Maybe, just maybe, we talk about injecting nanobots into dead bodies so the nanobots revive the body and are under the control of the colony then? You would need a control center and someone who operates it of course... and the body decays sooner or later.
Would fit better into the futuristic scenario, just sayin'

greetings,