[MOD] (Alpha 8) RIMTROOPERS an star wars overall 0.45

Started by Berengar, December 19, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berengar

Greetings!
This is the beginning of an star wars overall, at the dark times of the galactic zivilwar.
The Rimtroopers landed on the Rimworld.. searching for troops from the residence.. will you help them? Or the Rebels?
Or do you want to go you own way..
You have to decide what you colony will do, in that galaxy far far away.....

inside.
1: The rimtroopers with his own weapons, armors and sounds. At the moment just normal stormtroopers and scouts.
2: The Rebels.

To do list.
1: Funiture and Turrets.
2: Hutta stuff! Like bountyhunters, criminal scum, a random rancor landed on your cafeteria... and so on. 40%
3: Animals.
4: Jedis. 67%

Warning! Like every faction mod, you have to start a new world.

Credits.
Some Weapons: Project Armory https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.0
Mandalorians: SmartCheetah
Viperlol for the idea, and the ground version of the rimtrooperarmor.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3znhcpxnat5x1kc/Rimtroopermod.rar

john pretzel

Very good looking!  ;D did you add blasters to them with their sounds?

Berengar

Thanks! :D
�hm nope.
The weapons are 1 to 1 from projekt armory.
But tomorow i will doing a bit of resarching, and find out how i can add that sounds.
And find a way that the helmets gives an malus from 60% to accuracy..

Small bugfix update. Im to dump sometimes ;)

john pretzel

Check jaffa kree mod. You can follow its example regarding sounds.  :)

Berengar

Thanks for the advice. :)
Will try it later.

Evul

Igabod

I am so happy this is a thing now! I've been waiting for Star Wars related mods for a while now! Thank you so much dude!

[edit to add] I wanna see some astromechs next! They could even be part of a droid faction similar to the Mechanoids but all look like astromechs and protocol droids.

Berengar

Update
Thanks to John pretzels hint, there now blaster and some "special" sounds for the rimtroopers.
Downloadlink above!

PS: Im searching for some helping hands. So when someone wants to help, with ideas, textures or scripting work. Just send me an pm. :)

securitycop

YES!!!!!
i always wanted my own 501st legion WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes i am also a member lolz make me feel more at home!

john pretzel

Ded1

Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

Also gotta have as a wild animal that roams the desert biomes, Jawas. And for the temperate forest we would have Ewoks of course. And TaunTauns for the cold biomes. And Rancors for the jungle biome.

Ded1

Something you should add (just cause every starwars fan wants one) is lightsabers, soon hopefully.  Make them do MASSIVE damage but also you have to craft them and it takes a crafting of like 18.  Components would be 1xCrystal, and a handfull of metal (cause lets be honest, they arent big or heavy) and worktime would be like 2 min of solid work to assemble it (at least)
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

keylocke

woot nice awesome!! now whenever i call my colony Mos Eisley, it's gonna make perfect sense.  ;D

edit : is this mod compatible with jafa kree?

Igabod

Quote from: keylocke on December 20, 2014, 12:53:51 AM
woot nice awesome!! now whenever i call my colony Mos Eisley, it's gonna make perfect sense.  ;D

edit : is this mod compatible with jafa kree?

Just wait till Tynan adds in water as a resource. Then we'll have moisture farms for your colonists and you can name one Uncle Ben and one Aunt Beru and then watch as the stormtroopers incinerate them. It'll be great wholesome family oriented fun!