What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlockeed

1. A number input when trading. No more holding the mouse left or right. Just a box you can manually place numbers in and a up and down tab next to said box to click. As of right now the trading interface needs this along with the random selecting of bottom items when clicking a item above it fixed.

2. Breaker boxes and fuses to combat electrical explosions.

3. Made up creature names and sprites. Are we still on earth, no we are not so why are there monkeys, turtles, squirrels and cobras? Vine serpent, Rock crawlers make it look like a chunk with legs aka turtle, Tree rats they can keep their sprite, boomrats are good, Pink terrors aka monkeys keep sprite just turn them pink. Make up some better names and sprites it is your world T.

4. Traps, moats, bunkers / pill boxes, flame throwers makeshift raider tanks to give kill boxes a challenge. More combat stuff would be nice.

But seriously fix the trading interface please.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

FridayBiology

neutral medic beds option.

"Home zone only" setting to limit colonist movement.

tench digging to allow water courses, plant zones effected by water and soil?

Tier 2 research stuff, don't mind just want the unlock feel.

[may the code gods have mercy]
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: xlockeed on December 21, 2014, 09:46:44 PM
4. Traps, moats, bunkers / pill boxes, flame throwers makeshift raider tanks to give kill boxes a challenge. More combat stuff would be nice.

I agree with this 120%
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

wildsky

My biggest ask would be for more interactions with the outside world. Having ever-escalating waves of bad guys is fine, but I want more. Enemy raids who have specific goals like stealing my silver, or kidnapping my doctor.

A wider variety of random events like the enemy AI, where I have to drop what I'm doing and deal with a surprising situation. I'd love ongoing chapters of actual narrative, but I get that's not really this game's vibe.

Some way to easily judge who has good cover, and exactly what that means. Firefights feel kinda fuzzy and abstract. The visual cue of them aiming in is really great.

Water as a resource is a good idea, and very story-appropriate. Lots of possibilities there for new infrastructure like catchments, storage, irrigation to fields, hygiene, rationing.

Hunters should be smart enough to not shoot other colonists. I get that it happens in real life, but in-game, it's just annoying. They should also position themselves closer to the target if they're a poor shot.

Chris

Notho

I would like to be able to prioritize and suspend growing areas.

RemingtonRyder

Oga88

I think that there should be:

1. Water system - it would look like pipes on the map but only when you activate it. sprinklers for crops and different ones for fire.
2. animal husbandry
3. being able to get your stuff together and move with your colonist to a different location on the map.
4. more crops hay fields and corn
5. I would like not to see electrical wires unless you activate them.
6. more crafting ( range weapons, limbs, med packs, traps)
7. friendships. if people work together and three or less tiles are between them they should talk to eachother. and get a bonus if there intresets or backstories are same.
8. it would be awesome to see your cover stats on the screen. Like right next to your pawn there should be a precent that would be active only then you mobilize our colonist.
9. trenches and pillboxes or something alse from were to shot, not only sandbags
10. shields for melee and for colonist with pistols
11. inventory system. tools for growers miners. jewellry to make your colonist happy.
12. more events, you i don't understand people with bows and arrows that attack me in 30-40 packs, just to much dead bodies, and if they attack there stats shouldn't be cooking and growinig on 13 and shooting or melee 2. they should be warriors.
13. different types of turrets.
14. Force shields
15. exo skelet for your colonist so if he has a bad back he doesnt need to suffer :)
16. if you sell prisoners colonist should't be sad about it.
17. if you kill an enemy i see no reason for being in bad mood about it. you should really feel great that they are alive.
18. KILL COUNT  ;D
19. fog of war
20. there should not be a pop cap
21. and it would be great if you can get latest mods in game not from the forum and if there is a bug report it straight away to the develepore in game.

some i read before but it's this ideas i would like to see in the game.

gimarc99

Let's go for basic ideas first :

-More food options, like being able to capture animals and breed them for food.
-Gun training system, like adding shooting targets, or at least adding the ability to target and object with a caracter. Dead animals could be a good training system too, so you would not have to run all across the map like when you hunt, and your caracter won't shoot 'till the tortoise die, since it's already dead.
-Drugs, alcohol and cigarettes could also be interesting. Some of your caracters could be smokers, pirates could be more likely to be alcoholics or drug addicts, etc.
-More metals, so you could improve steel structure to titanium for example.
-More turrets upgrades, like improving accuracy and resistance through research, and then you would have to use your ressources to improve them.
-Weapon damage would also be interesting. The more you use it, the less effecient it becomes. (I'm talking about damage to weapons, not from weapons hehe)
-Bunker walls, so you could defend from your base. Maybe it would make the game a little too easy though...
-Underground tunnels. I would like that to access to steam geyser that are a bit far from the base.
-More social interactions between caracters. Some could become friends, others could hate each other, affecting their mood permantly if one has more or less friends. Add alcohol to that and you get fights between people who don't like each other in your colony! Maybe even caracters falling in love, sharing a bed. You would then be more careful about who you send to war, because if a girlfriend of a guy die, he would be sad for the rest of the game.
-Wild beast, like bears, tigers or wathever, that are hostile in a certain radius.
-Hunting traps (And why not human traps!)
-Add a physic factor to caracters, for example, a fat caracter want to eat more and is more often hungry, but survives longer without eating. Also get tired when walking for a long time, but can loose weight.
-I would like to see a bigger impact of food variety. Like people getting unhappy because they're only eating potatoes. Having disease because they do not eat enough meat or vegetables. Vegatarian caracters could be an interesting traits to add too.

And while I'm writing that, I'm going to say what I woud love to see in the game, but maybe not in alpha since it would be some big addons. I wish there would be different level , so you could mine underground and find different ressources, more geyser, etc. I would also like to see a coop mode, because playing with friend while skyping would just be awesome. Maybe we will see that while getting close to the final version of the game!

Noobshock

I saw someone suggest friendships, I say +1

Colonists build friendships (not necessarily that many, but at least one or two maybe?) somewhat randomly based on different factors (working close together, sharing the same passions or having some of the same traits maybe) and when their friends get hurt or killed, DEPRESSION. Not saying bring the tantrum waves, but mood management is rather simple for now outside of colonists with really nasty negative traits. More complexity in that department wouldn't hurt.

Mechanoid Hivemind

I want to be able to do more than have the factions come over and just stand there and then eat and leave like maybe they leave you a gift or something and i wanna be able to make a tavern for the passerby's, so if they are hungry they can come over get food and rest then leave same with the visitors. And be able to move to see the other colonies and stay and chat with them and more interaction in general.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Noobshock

Yeah more detail to faction interaction couldn't hurt.

Tynan

Man. Quite a diversity of views here. It's tough to make a decision.

A9 might not have a giant new system. It looks like it's shaping up to be more of a refinement/gap-filling release.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on December 23, 2014, 07:34:56 PM

A9 might not have a giant new system. It looks like it's shaping up to be more of a refinement/gap-filling release.

A9, code named The Dentist. It fills gaps.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kelian

Quote from: Tynan on December 23, 2014, 07:34:56 PM

If nothing else, PLEASE hotfix the AI's crazy priority of door bashing over self preservation and more valuable targets. It's madness.

Darth Fool

Private property: Allow setting ownership for practically everything. 
Useful Visitors:  Currently the only useful things visitors do is defend and socialize.  It would be nice if they would do other things (like rescue fallen colonists, help build things, etc....)
More mod support for AI mods.