What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I would like better faction relations, or better raider mechanics, or some new events, or just a bunch of extra balances to make the game more fun.

As well, the ability to rip up floors would be nice. :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

PapaDookie

other food crops. ones that take longer to grow but give higher returns based on growth time would be nice

Arigas

Blight resistant crops or research options to improve chance of crops surviving, based on currently assigned Growers levels. Perhaps a way to craft some actual guns, and obviously some Armour.

RimMan

air duct/vent system for heat/cooling transfer!

Mechanoid Hivemind

What i want is 2 clans to have like 10 to 15 guys each just go all out, like a war basically, and your caught in the middle of it.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

RemingtonRyder

It would be nice if visitors didn't freeze to death before getting somewhere warm!

keylocke

hydration and hygiene + relationship system

zackiz

- Logicgates for the powersystem so that you could build safeguards and backupsystems for when shortcircuits happen.(I know it's not the horizon but I would still love it!)

- Some way to get more colonists easier or maybe just being able to start with more as an option.

- The option to customize your colonists at the start as opposed to the random roll system now. Sometimes I just to want relax and simcity myself a nice colony without all the negative that stupid/handicapped colonists bring.

- Some gameinfo displayed ingame that states info like, what difficulty you have choosen, what narrator there is, the info you get when you choose on the worldmap, etc. I can be easy to forget all this after a few sessions on the same colony.

Drahkon

Hmm..

AI improvements for raiders, hunting, and colonists in general
More defensive options
A bit less luck based combat (watching a raider with 1 skill and a m-24 one shot several colonists in full power armor and excellent cover in a row is a bit cheezy)
Better visitor interaction/faction dynamics.

iame6162013

map gen hooks for modding
(as far as i know i can't do so <.<)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

christhekiller

Quote from: zackiz on December 20, 2014, 07:59:15 AM
- Logicgates for the powersystem so that you could build safeguards and backupsystems for when shortcircuits happen.(I know it's not the horizon but I would still love it!)

- Some way to get more colonists easier or maybe just being able to start with more as an option.

- The option to customize your colonists at the start as opposed to the random roll system now. Sometimes I just to want relax and simcity myself a nice colony without all the negative that stupid/handicapped colonists bring.

- Some gameinfo displayed ingame that states info like, what difficulty you have choosen, what narrator there is, the info you get when you choose on the worldmap, etc. I can be easy to forget all this after a few sessions on the same colony.

I know mods aren't ideal for many of you. But Edb's Prepare carefully mod lets you start with more than three and fully customize your starting colonists (and the resources they land with)

Col_Jessep

I would like water as a resource. Water purification, desalination, snow melting, bottled water, water coolers, showers...

A trading post and all-terrain vehicles to trade with other factions. All-terrain vehicles could be used to gather resources from across the map, too.

Predators that stalk lonely colonists.

Combat training with gun ranges and holo sword training classes.

Reprogrammable mechanoids that can be used for dumb labor like hauling.

Maybe entertainment systems for colonists with mood problems and social areas with pool tables, gaming systems...

That's probably enough till alpha 15 though. =3

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Shinzy

I don't know what I want from alphas 9 and 10 but I'm expecting it to be
what the brave new world was to civ 5 =P
my mind has already been repeatedly blowing since A5

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Col_Jessep on December 20, 2014, 03:38:56 PM
I would like water as a resource. Water purification, desalination, snow melting, bottled water, water coolers, showers...

A trading post and all-terrain vehicles to trade with other factions. All-terrain vehicles could be used to gather resources from across the map, too.

Predators that stalk lonely colonists.

Combat training with gun ranges and holo sword training classes.

Reprogrammable mechanoids that can be used for dumb labor like hauling.

Maybe entertainment systems for colonists with mood problems and social areas with pool tables, gaming systems...

That's probably enough till alpha 15 though. =3

I have wanted the thing with the mechs for so long and there is no mod for it as far as i can tell ;(
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

James009

- I'd love to see an advanced start (like what zackiz suggested above) where you can customize your initial colonists in greater detail.
- I think starting scenarios where you can chose to begin with unique starter conditions would be nice: a crashed ship (normal game), military outpost being established (defense focused with more attacks but soldiers), business venture (focus on money and resources), an initial colony settlement (much like a normal game but with more people), or you establish a religious outpost (more visitors and pilgrims). Perhaps, in time, you could even play as a tribe or pirate faction.
- I'd love to see colonist roles (like Nobles from Dwarf Fortress) that do things to improve life and efficiency in the colony. Definitely start with things like Expedition Leader (who does a little of everything from talking to meeting with visitors for diplomacy), Sheriff or Enforcer (who arrests people who go crazy or become aggressive), Chief Medical Doctor (who focuses on providing medicine, mostly a flavor role), and a Warden (prioritizes prison management). Maybe in time you form units for protection, medicine, and prison duties.
- Burrows and alert status (again, like in Dwarf Fortress) to keep people in certain areas especially during hostilities.

Anyways, game is great, keep it up!
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!