What do you want in alpha 9/10?

Started by Quasarrgames, December 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sotanuija

1. To be able to rescue wounded visitors and get better relations for the faction the visitor is from
2.Visitors would help the colony in need (For example: Getting the unconscious colonist to bed if needed)
3.More faction interaction (trading,raiding etc.)

Johnny Masters

Quote from: Sotanuija on January 05, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
3.More faction interaction (trading,raiding etc.)

PARTY! They bring booze, you provide the table and food. All have fun!

Quote from: csducks on January 05, 2015, 03:19:37 AM
I'd love to see an underwater biome with stuff to make kelp farms, underwater
domes and the like.

Maybe an asteroid biome as well. Use that for an endless wave mini game at the start of the game prior to the crash on the planet.

More ways to farm, green houses let you grow nearly anything year round.

And maybe levels underground. 0 is the surface and it goes from +10 to -10 for height.

Yep to all. Z levels are nice, but Tynan said he'd either go full 3d or stay as is, or something like that. Which is silly, you don't need to have full 3d to enjoy the benefits of extra layers. Personally, I think 3 layers are fine (underground, ground and overground/2 story). That's enough layers to provide a lot of possibilities with enough simplicity.

csducks

Another thing is you could set up the NPD to be used as water storage (just a simple color change from green to blue) for storage and filtration.

fluffy_543

I think that the biggest thing this game lacks right now is a good diplomacy system.

Early combat is indeed entertaining but later in the game having to periodically massacre a bunch of strangers gets tedious. I also think that a game which claims to be about "story generation" should allow for more nuanced relationships that just neutrality and total war.

Ideally I would like for factions to have their own agendas and personalities and react to the way you play the game. For example:
- Pirates might be less offended if you sell people into slavery
- Some tribes might be prostophobic and dislike you if you use lots of prosthetics.
- If nuclear reactors ever get added you could have some factions be offended by that.
- Clearing lots of trees might upset others.

MikhailBoho

Quote from: fluffy_543 on January 05, 2015, 02:47:41 PM
I think that the biggest thing this game lacks right now is a good diplomacy system.

Early combat is indeed entertaining but later in the game having to periodically massacre a bunch of strangers gets tedious. I also think that a game which claims to be about "story generation" should allow for more nuanced relationships that just neutrality and total war.

Ideally I would like for factions to have their own agendas and personalities and react to the way you play the game. For example:
- Pirates might be less offended if you sell people into slavery
- Some tribes might be prostophobic and dislike you if you use lots of prosthetics.
- If nuclear reactors ever get added you could have some factions be offended by that.
- Clearing lots of trees might upset others.

^ This. So much this. I would love the factions to be more unique and to have reasons for hating your guts other than wanting pointless war.

Also, I would like to see pirates attack trading beacons and stealing silver. As much as they can carry. They should operate out of greed.

erdrik

Saw a lot of combat/defense related suggestions but didn't see this specific one so:

1: "Stuff" related turret construction:
No I don't mean building stone turrets or wood turrets.(we can already do that, oddly enough)
I mean being able to grab an Uzi and make it into a turret, or a LMG or Minigun and make them into turrets.
Basically the armament of the turret should be variable based on the ranged weapon used.

2: Non-Powered Mountable turrets:
Like the mortars, these turrets require a colonist to control it but don't explode.

3: Different explosion for turrets on death:
I get the explosion is there to prevent spam, but I just don't like how utterly deadly and destructive it is.
I can't see anything a turret could possibly be made of that could explode in a way to take down even wood walls, let alone stone walls. The radius is fine for balance reasons, but it should be softer in the sense it can't destroy harder structures. (other turrets not counting as harder structures)

4: Air Tight Doors:
Unlike regular doors they do not allow the transfer of heat/cold.
(should probably be expensive and time consuming to build)

Johnny Masters

Quote from: erdrik on January 06, 2015, 12:06:22 AM
3: Different explosion for turrets on death:
I get the explosion is there to prevent spam, but I just don't like how utterly deadly and destructive it is.
I can't see anything a turret could possibly be made of that could explode in a way to take down even wood walls, let alone stone walls. The radius is fine for balance reasons, but it should be softer in the sense it can't destroy harder structures. (other turrets not counting as harder structures)

I absolutely despise how turrets explode upon death. There's absolutely nothing that explains how such a device explodes where pretty much every other device/building don't. Turret balancing could be much more elegantly obtained by limiting amount of turrets you can control according to manable consoles, similar to mortars, which would need pawns skilled in either research or research + shooting (As discussed in a previous thread). Each console could support up to x number of turrets.

Quote from: erdrik on January 06, 2015, 12:06:22 AM
4: Air Tight Doors:
Unlike regular doors they do not allow the transfer of heat/cold.
(should probably be expensive and time consuming to build)

ATD/ vault doors, etc. Also better doors with better defense (Damage reduction) and a better damage reduction system to prevent walls get punched down.

Claive

-Electrified doors for prisons
-On / Off switches (or circuit breaker) we can place on power lines (for battery banks so that we don't have to make/ destroy power lines for emergencies.)
-Larger variety of events (including a herd of (animal X other then beavers) has entered the area)(Snow storm)(Tornado)(nano plague)(lice / pest infestations)(instead of pirates have a group of NPCs show up that subtly steal things left unguarded in an open stockpile)
-Nuclear (fission and fusion) power plants, (hydro electric? I'm not sure how that would work)
-The option to "fill in" marsh or other un-buildable tiles
-Stun Turrets
-Clone Bank / memory download system (you can resurrect dead meeples if they upload their memories, eclipse phase style)
-A more "alien" feeling biome?
-Larger variety of weapons (sniper rifle (longer aiming but more accurate) (RPG explodes where it hits) etc.
-Psychic training room?  Psychic monsters?
-NPC religious zealots

fluffy_543

Quote from: Claive on January 06, 2015, 02:58:53 PM
-Larger variety of events (including a herd of (animal X other then beavers) has entered the area)(Snow storm)(Tornado)(nano plague)(lice / pest infestations)(instead of pirates have a group of NPCs show up that subtly steal things left unguarded in an open stockpile)
Definitely! More events which are less focused on combat and more on survival would be awesome.

You can actually do this right now with fertilizer pumps! It's very slow and expensive but you can drain swamps.

If you look at the changelog this will actually be removed in the next version in order to make hydroponics the only way to farm indoors.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: fluffy_543 on January 06, 2015, 04:08:50 PM
Definitely! More events which are less focused on combat and more on survival would be awesome.

You can actually do this right now with fertilizer pumps! It's very slow and expensive but you can drain swamps.

If you look at the changelog this will actually be removed in the next version in order to make hydroponics the only way to farm indoors.
Where do you find the change log for the next up date?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

immoral_

I understand the reasoning for it, and I'm fine with it.

But I still want a way to get rid of mud and other unbuildable areas. Even if it converts to a non-plantable area.

MikhailBoho

I really wish he would keep the fertilizer pump in the game, but make it so that growing zone crops fail to grow indoors. I need to terraform!

Claive

-Personal Forcefield generators (like armor but must be charged at a station)
-Forcefield generators as doors (but don't count as privacy for bedrooms)
-Plants that attack people who come too close.
-Craftable tools that improve the efficiency of a kind of work (you would equip them like weapons.  Mining picks, cooking things, gardening sheers / rakes, etc.)

BokaliMali

Personal force fields are confirrmed to be in A9. They won't let bullets in or out. I'm excited about them: Love using melee. Combined with raiders being able to spawn as a group of exclusive melee-ers we'll have to be a little more creative with our defenses I think.