[A10] Mining&Co.: Mobile mineral sonar MkIII (V10.0, 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, December 19, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergus

Love,, love, love this mod!  If you get to the point that you are able to update or expand this mod, maybe besides adding find underground steam geysers, also have it selectable to find steel, silver, plasteel or crypto coffins, open empty spaces or any of those type of hidden goodies in the mountain.  Make it so you can only scan for one at a time and need to research each type to be able to scan for them, that will no doubt make more work for you, sorry, but it will help maintain balance in the game.

Rikiki

Updated for Alpha 9.
No major change for now.

@Fergus: Thank you for your support! I will however keep this mod simple. I believe adding to much details would be too annoying (at least for me to maintain it... ;D).

Haktrum

Don't forget that uranium is mineable now :P
Nice mod (and thanks for the source!) :D

deadmeat5150

I have a problem with the mining helmets. The light they provide seems to need to be calculated every single tick, when when night hits and my miners' lights come on, the game slows to a crawl.

Rikiki

@Haktrum: you're right, I forgot about it. ;) I will add it in the next release.

@deadmeat5150: wrong thread. See answer there.

canadianz

Hey I love this mod, it is fantastic. Any chance at bringing back the quarry? The latest version I can find is the Alpha 7 one. I'm running out of stuff to mine thanks to this!

Rikiki

Quote from: canadianz on March 02, 2015, 02:34:33 AM
Any chance at bringing back the quarry?
Nope, the Deepdriller is gone for good!
But I have plans for another mod which involves mining minerals. Don't expect it too soon though... ::)

Tesak

Rikiki

Quote from: Tesak on March 07, 2015, 05:49:41 AM
Can you include showing geotermal gaysers?
It is definitely possible but this is not the purpose of this mod. ;) I designed the MMS to detect metallic stuff (ore and cryptosleep sarcophagi). To stay realistic, detecting geyser would require some underground sismic devices. :)
Any dll modder could easily modify the MMS code to detect steam geyser. I am currently working on other stuffs and... I prefer to keep some surprises when building an underground base. :D

Testificator

I've done everything i can imagine, but i'm not able to craft a mobile mineral sensor.
Research - done
Crafting integrated circuits board(s) - done
Charging energy pack(s) - done

Can't place the order at the electronic workbench (just offers me to craft more integrated circuit boards).
Can someone help me?

Rikiki

Could you please detail what researches you performed?
What is your mod list and mod order?

Testificator

I deactivated every Mod, activated M&Co. Common first and after that M&Co. Mobile Mineral Sonar.
After researching Energy Pack, Integrated Circuits and the Mobile Mineral Sonar i still have the same problem.

Rikiki

Mmh, quite strange. I just tested it and I don't see what can be wrong for you. ???
Do you have any error in the output_log.txt file? Could you attach it please?

Have you tested deconstructing electronic workbench and rebuilding another one?
Have you performed a save/load?

I hope we can solve this for you! :)

LordShotGun

Will there be a beta 10 update? I do greatly miss this mod, as reduces the hairpulling of mining out EVERY SQUARE INCH to find some plasteel.