[A10] Mining&Co.: Mobile mineral sonar MkIII (V10.0, 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, December 19, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 02, 2015, 11:21:42 AM
Does this mod work with expanded mining? :O
Nope but I just gave all the instructions to CRPOV.
Let him some time to figure dll modding and he may release a compatible version. :)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Rikiki on June 02, 2015, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 02, 2015, 11:21:42 AM
Does this mod work with expanded mining? :O
Nope but I just gave all the instructions to CRPOV.
Let him some time to figure dll modding and he may release a compatible version. :)
[

Ok :D

Well. Atm I have found out that it does not pick up where the ores are from expanded mining, it will only pick up stuff like steel and plasteel, but not things like iron and riminium. Hope the patch is released soon :D

PS. Isn't the the sonar thing a bit cheap for what it does?

EDIT: Ok no its not. when you deconstruct it you lose all the energy packs >_<

Rikiki

I plan to modify the MMS to make it minifiable.
It would be easier to move it then. The battery need may be removed. I don't know yet.

kpc1914

How do I build one? I was looking where to find the mobile part to build it. I have no clue where it is at. Can I get some help please? :P

Rikiki

Quote from: kpc1914 on June 08, 2015, 12:31:30 PM
How do I build one? I was looking where to find the mobile part to build it. I have no clue where it is at. Can I get some help please? :P
The MMS blueprint is under Misc buildings (with Comms console, sunlamp, ...).
The mineral sonar module can be built in the electronic workbench.
Check this message. This is potentially the same problem. ;)

LustrousWolf

When do you think the guy that made Expanded Mining will be done? Thought it would only take a days work :c

Rikiki

I don't know. Just ask him. ;)
Given that A11 will be out in a few days, I doubt he will ever release his adaptation though. :P

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Rikiki on June 10, 2015, 04:10:25 PM
I don't know. Just ask him. ;)
Given that A11 will be out in a few days, I doubt he will ever release his adaptation though. :P

Oh ok :c Maybe he could for A11? :3 Idk I will ask him though :P

robsypes

does this mod work with a11?  i haven't played in a while, and i can't really play the game and enjoy it without this mod.

falcongrey

Quote from: robsypes on June 27, 2015, 07:15:15 PM
does this mod work with a11?  i haven't played in a while, and i can't really play the game and enjoy it without this mod.

I haven't tried it... missing my sonar and helmets.  :'(
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Vas

Would you be able to make this detect empty spaces and caskets?  Like empty space (such as random cave) as red, and caskets as yellow/orange.  :P  This would help a lot in base building so you don't open up a random pocket of no roof area, making your base vulnerable to hot drops.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Rikiki

This would probably not work for A11.
I will update it soon but I have unfortunately no spare time for now.

This does already detect cryptosleep caskets! ;)
However, detecting empty pockets would remove the fun part of digging in my opinion.

falcongrey

Quote from: Rikiki on June 30, 2015, 02:51:09 PM
This would probably not work for A11.
I will update it soon but I have unfortunately no spare time for now.

This does already detect cryptosleep caskets! ;)
However, detecting empty pockets would remove the fun part of digging in my opinion.

I like how it never FULLY detects minerals and pockets. :P It does add to some of the fun.

Vas

Well I would like a version that detects all of these things and uses different colors.  :P  I've never gotten to use this before so I don't know how it works, but being 3000 years in the future, I think we are advanced enough to use ore detectors the right way.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

falcongrey

Quote from: Vas on July 09, 2015, 04:30:56 PM
Well I would like a version that detects all of these things and uses different colors.  :P  I've never gotten to use this before so I don't know how it works, but being 3000 years in the future, I think we are advanced enough to use ore detectors the right way.  :P

It DOES use different colours and textures for different things found.  :-\ Take a look again. Just like modern day systems to detect minerals and metals, there are patterns and colors used.