[A11] Ricinus Seeds (v1.0) Dispose your prisoners!

Started by RickyMartini, June 19, 2015, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

Ricinus Seeds

Textures donated by Shinzy!!

This mod adds the highly poisonous ricinus seed, which is a seed produced by a flowering plant called "Ricinus communis", also known as castor oil plant.
Want to get rid of a prisoner or all of your prisoners, but don't like the negative debuffs it gives you? Just kill them passively, by poisoning them with the ricinus seed.

How it works:

The ricinus seed has to be purchased from traders for a fair amount of silver. Depending on what your plan is, you can use this seed to place it into the prisoner room of your choice. Prisoners are "forced" to eat the poisonous seed and will die on its effects. The only "downside" is that ricin is a very nasty protein that will take several days to kill a pawn. The cause of death will be severe dehydration and malnutrition.

Colonists will avoid to eat the seed. However, they will still try to consume it when they are starving. Once a seed is eaten, there is no antidote for ricin poisoning available.

• activating this mod does not break already existing A11 colonies (tested)

To install:

DOWNLOAD Version 1.0 [Alpha 11]

- Simply extract the contents of the zip file into the RimWorld mods directory.

Additional info:

Please help me find any issues associated with this mod or any incompatibility with another mod. Balance issues and general feedback are appreciated.

Changelog

Version 1.0 (2015-06-20)

- Support for Alpha 11
- Added "Ricinus seed" to the game

NephilimNexus

Can I load this into an umbrella and shot it at raiders?

JuliaEllie

RickyMartini

Quote from: JuliaEllie on June 19, 2015, 09:56:33 PM
Can I put this into a cigarette?

At the moment, the only possible thing is to eat it. You can copy the Hediffs though. And I hope that's a reference to Breaking Bad.  :P

RickyMartini

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 19, 2015, 09:26:20 PM
Can I load this into an umbrella and shot it at raiders?

Yes, but only if the raider is called Georgi Markov. ;)

leestriter

RickyMartini

The seed can only be purchased for now. It's for balancing reasons (because growing zones would yield too many seeds), but more content is going to be added anyway.

RinusC

Thoughts_Ricin

you must to fix this file. Do watch to stage area