[A11c] Ceiling Lights / Glassworks+ MOVED LOCATION

Started by jacob814, December 20, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

Jacob814's Mods

I HAVE MOVED LOCATION FOR THESE MODS, GO >HERE<

Ceiling Lights(A11):
A simple mod that adds ceiling lights to the game. To unlock the colored lights you need to research colored lights. All lights have a beauty effect and the green light also has a comfort effect as well.
Changlog
1.0: release(A9)
1.1: Updated(A11)
1.2: Fixed blue ceiling lights not giving off a blue hue, gave all lights a beauty effect, and gave green light a comfort effect as well.

Glassworks+(A11):
This mod adds glass walls and other glass objects to the game. Start by researching glassworks.
Changlog
1.0 release (A11)

Notes:
The original mod author of Glassworks was ITOS.
If you would like to add either of these mods in your modpack, send me a pm and a link to the modpack. I will include a list of the modpacks with any of my mods on a seperate page. Also let me know if you remove it or discontinue the modpack it is in.
How to install

Downloads:
(A11)Ceiling Lights1.2 - (Alt)
(A11)Glassworks+1.0 - (Alt) with the next release of the mod.

Previews:
Glassworks+

Ceiling Lights
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Berengar

Simple as f#ck.. but i love it!
Will test it later on my colony.^^

Chiasm

Been looking for this! Will give it a go later tonight. I'm surprised we don't have ceiling lights in vanilla, tbh.

Dave-In-Texas

jacob814

If anyone has a mod they wanted implemented that is simple and neat, tell me and ill see what I can do.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Shrizer

So, I placed some lights and now I can't remove them, and they're currently a massive drain on my power supply. The lights are all placed at the given areas, I can't place new lights in those areas and whenever a power source (Circuit wall etc) is close enough, they draw power, however I cannot select, deconstruct or remove them.

http://prntscr.com/5rkxsi

Temeez

Quote from: Shrizer on January 12, 2015, 10:17:25 AM
So, I placed some lights and now I can't remove them, and they're currently a massive drain on my power supply. The lights are all placed at the given areas, I can't place new lights in those areas and whenever a power source (Circuit wall etc) is close enough, they draw power, however I cannot select, deconstruct or remove them.

Could you give a step by step how you managed to do that. Did you try to save and restart the game? I have a small feeling that another mod is eating the floor lights.

Ironvos

Seeing as they are ceiling lamps, you could make it so pawns can be placed on the same tile as the light.
Removing the <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability> line should do the trick.
Although it will not really show the light bulb anymore when a pawn is on top of it, but it still emits light.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Shrizer on January 12, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Can you select any installed lights near that area? If so, you could try to double-click a light that you can select, that should select all the similar items in your current view. You can then deconstruct them all at the same time.

It is weird though how they're completely gone from the view. It'd help alot if you could list the mods you are currently running and if they're alpha 8 compatible. :)

jacob814

This is really interesting bug.. I will work on this as soon as possible. Lot has happened in my life and haven't gotten to look at this till now.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

jacob814

The bug you are experiencing is not something I could reproduce. The only things I can say is that it was another mod causing this problem or some unknown problem. Make sure all the mods in your mod-list are for alpha 8 and that any of your other light related mods modify a base class.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

jacob814

This mod was updated to Alpha 9. There was no compatibility issues as far as I can tell.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

HBKRKO619

I think you forgot to update the download link, He's from 2 month ago ^^

jacob814

My Mods:
Glass&Lights